Chapter 4

Happy Friday! I'm bored in photography so I thought I'd update.

"Cas, what are you doing in here?" Libby hissed quietly, careful that no one heard her. She peeked her head out into the hall to make sure that no one was coming before tugging Cas in the room and shutting the door.

"I can ask you the same thing," he replied. Libby rolled her eyes.

"It's my room," she retorted. They were yell-whispering at each other, afraid that someone was going to catch them but clearly mad at each other.

"I mean why are you in Heaven? You were banned ages ago." She sighed.

"I was looking for information and then Naomi caught me. I snuck in here. Why are you in my room? How often do you come in here?"

"I was leaving when I heard something in here. I didn't realize it was you." He eyed the books scattered across the floor. "What were you looking for?" Libby held up a letter in her hand. "What is that?"

"A letter from Gabriel. He wrote it before I even got banished to Hell. When I was a kid he told me that the answer was in the books. I always thought he meant lore. Not the literal books in my room."

"Well, what's it say?" Castiel question in anticipation. Libby handed over the letter, watching as Castiel read it over. He read it a total of three times, shocked each time. "You're their savior," he whispered. She nodded.

"I mean it explains why I was drawn to them when I got out. I'm meant to protect them, Castiel, and I just left them because I'm the reason they're fighting. How am I supposed to protect them when I'm the reason they want to kill each other?" Libby babbled. Castiel just sighed before clutching her arm. Suddenly they were in the middle of a field, Libby glancing around. "What the hell?"

"If we went through the portal you would've been caught," he explained. Libby just nodded, Cas handing the letter back to her. "Libby, you just have to trust that you can protect them. You're strong now. Go back to Sam and Dean. They stopped somewhere in Idaho." Libby nodded and teleported away, the fluttering sound of her wings making Castiel sigh. "Goodbye to you, too."

~*~

Libby landed abruptly, her ankle twisting causing her to face plant into the dirty carpet of the motel room with a scream. "Libby?" She sat up and turned around to see Sam walking towards her, his jeans resting low on his hips and a shirt in his hands. He tossed the shirt to the side, helping up the redhead. "Are you okay?"

"You'd think that I'd have that down by now," she said with a chuckle. Sam smiled down at her before he noticed the letter. "Oh, it's something I was looking for. Got it." She set it down on the table next to Sam's phone before standing on her toes and kissing him. It wasn't a quick peck on the lips like usual. It was a long kiss. Libby rested her hands on Sam's bare chest, kissing him slowly and passionately. "Where's Dean?" she whispered against her boyfriend's lips. She was tired of him constantly walking in on them.

"With some waitress. We got time," Sam muttered, lightly pushing Libby backwards as he led them to a bed. When the back of her knees hit the bed she fell back on it, Sam leaning over her with an arm on either side of her thin body. Libby wrapped her arms around Sam's neck, pulling him closer to her. "Where were you?"

"Shh. We'll talk later," she said, helping Sam unbutton her shirt. She sat up for him to slide it off, Sam tossing it to the side. His hands roamed her body, never removing another piece of clothing, but still explored as much as he could while she was mostly clothed. It was as far as Libby would let them go and Sam was okay with that. He knew that she hadn't completely changed from the Cage and he respected that.