Chapter 9.5

"And why the hell not?" the redhead yelled, spinning around from her spot where she had stopped pacing the room. The brunette rolled her brown eyes, looking up from the laptop on the table of the motel room. She had been against the idea, but Elizabeth managed to talk her into it.

The smell of mildew filled the air and mold started to creep up the peeling wallpaper. The beds squeaked with every move they made and they could feel the springs digging into their backs.

"Because, Elizabeth, it's just not that simple. You two are still one. You're only physically separated. Whatever happens to her, happens to you. You kill her then you die, too," Nadia explained, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

She had found a new vessel in Toronto on the set of a TV show. Somehow she got the permission to inhabit her, but the woman had quickly regretted it. Elizabeth was too strong, though, for her to eject no matter how much she fought.

"Nadia, she's a threat," Elizabeth growled. Nadia narrowed her eyes at her daughter, pushing herself up from her seat.

"I know that," she snapped. She closed her eyes and sucked in a deep breath. "I know, Elizabeth. Trust me, I do. But we have to play it safe for now. Right now we have greater enemies than Libby. The girl wouldn't hurt a fly. Not without her demon half in her." Elizabeth let out a huff of air and crossed her arms over her chest. "Patience, my daughter. We'll get there, I promise."

"We better. I'd rather not be that perfect little princess again." She scoffed. "It was annoying." Nadia nodded and closed the lid of the computer, sliding it in the backpack. She glanced around the room. "What's wrong?"

"We must move. I can sense them." Elizabeth furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Sense who?"

"The angels and demons. They've picked up on our trail." Elizabeth cocked her head to the side. Nadia rolled her eyes. "Your powers, Elizabeth. They leave a trail that they can pick up on. Why do you think no one has been able to find Libby Wilson? She refrains from using her powers." Elizabeth nodded, her mouth forming an 'O' shape.

She crossed the room towards the bed and snatched up her duffel bag before placing a hand on Nadia's shoulder. The two disappeared into thin air just as the door was kicked in by two angels, angel blades in hand. "Where are they? I can feel them," one growled.

"Gone." The angels turned around at the sound of the voice. Her red lips curled into a smirk. "Elizabeth and Nadia, a team up everyone could see coming. Rumor has it that they have big plans for Heaven and Hell."

"Abaddon," an angel sneered. Abaddon simply stared back at them. "Why are you searching for them?"

"They want to steal my throne. I can't let that happen. They must be stopped." The two angels exchanged glances.

"Elizabeth Wilson died when the angels fell," one said. Abaddon raised an eyebrow. No one had informed her of that news. She had noticed Libby's absence during the Third Trial, but chalked it up to her being forced to stay back at the Bunker. "And Nadia was killed by Azrael months ago." Abaddon pursed her lips in thought.

"Well, then something obviously brought them back." Two demons walked in the room, standing behind Abaddon. She turned her head slightly to address them. "Find those two and bring them to me alive. I want to have a little fun with them." The demons nodded curtly before taking off. Abaddon looked back to the angels. "I know you want them gone as much as I do, so tell me; what do you know about Elizabeth and Nadia?"

"They're accepted by both Heaven and Hell." Abaddon raised an eyebrow.

"How? That's impossible."