Chapter 7.5

Dean shrugged on his jacket just as Libby stepped out of the bathroom drying her red hair with a towel wearing only her bra and jeans. "Hey, I'm gonna run to the store. You need anything?" he asked her. She shook her head.

"No, but I can come with if you'd like," she suggested. Dean seemed to think about it for a second before shaking his head.

"Actually why don't you stay here and spend some quality time with Sam?" Libby raised an eyebrow as she tossed the towel in the hamper to her left. "Things just seem so tense between you two and you really only talk to him when needing to talk to Zeke. I just figured—"

"Since when did Ezekiel get a nickname?" she questioned, grabbing her shirt from the foot of Dean's bed and slipping it over her head. Dean shrugged. Libby could hear a distant buzzing thank to her hearing before she heard Sam's voice. "Your phone was ringing. Sam just picked it up." Dean pecked her on the lips with a kiss before jogging out of his room to get the phone.

Libby sighed and tossed her grabbed her leather jacket, shrugging it on, before running a brush through her hair quickly. She left the room and made her way to the main room in the Bunker where Sam had the phone in his hand.

"Hello?" Dean entered the room from behind him, Libby trailing a few feet away. "I'm sorry, there's no, uh, there's no Dee-dawg, uh..." Dean snatched the phone from his grasp.

"I got it, I got it." The green-eyed Hunter pressed the phone to his ear, Sam watching him with an amused smile. "Sonny, hey...So what's up?...Okay...Alright. Yeah, just sit tight. I'll be there as soon as I can...Yeah." Dean hung up the phone, slipping it in his pocket.

"So, what was that all about, 'Dee-dawg'?" Sam teased. Libby let out a chuckle at the nickname. Dean didn't seem to be the type to accept nicknames.

"You remember when we were kids that spring in upstate New York?" Sam raised his eyebrows, not sure what he was talking about. "Dad was on a rugaru hunt. We, uh – we crashed at the, uh ... the bungalow colony with the ping-pong table?" Sam nodded, realization hitting him. Libby had no idea what they were talking about so she stood off to the side, arms crossed over her chest as she listened.

"Yeah. Uh, y-you disappeared. Dad came back. You were gone. He shipped me off to Bobby's for a couple months and went and found you. You were lost on a hunt or something," Sam replied.

"That's what we told you. Right," Dean said as if Sam's story had refreshed his memory. Dean started to walk away but Sam raised his eyebrows, waiting for an explanation.

"I'm sorry? That's what you told me?"

"Truth is, uh...I lost the food money that Dad left for us in a card game," Dean admitted. Libby hid her smile with her hand. "I knew you'd get hungry, so ... I tried taking the five-finger discount at the local market and got busted. I wasn't on a hunt. They sent me to a boys' home." Libby raised her hand, stopping him.

"A boys' home, like a ... reform school?" she asked. Dean nodded his head to the side.

"Yeah, more or less. It was a farm, and the guy who ran it – Sonny – he, uh, you know, he looked after me."

"Wait. Does Sonny know what we do?" Sam questioned. Dean nodded again.

"Yeah. He's good people. I gave him the number to the Bat Phone, and sounds like he's got something in our wheelhouse. So... Hey – you gonna be cool to do this, or are you too tired?" Sam scratched the back of his neck, letting out a yawn.

"Uh, no. Yeah, I'm just, uh ... I'll be fine." Dean leaned on the table, staring at Sam.

"And everybody's okay with ... heading out to the Catskills?" Libby snorted when she realized what he was doing. She refrained from calling out to Ezekiel, knowing he hates it, and watched as Sam eyed him bemusedly.