Chapter 5

Libby groaned, bringing her hand up to her head. Dean glanced over from the driver's seat. "You alright, Libby?" She nodded, her eyes widening.

"Benny-"

"He's okay. He's okay. Martin had gotten him, but we took care of it, alright?" She nodded, still clutching her head. "And, uh, Sam needs his space."

"How long was I out?"

"A day."

"A day?" Libby yelled. Dean nodded, wincing at the volume of her voice. "How the hell was I out a whole day?" Libby demanded. Dean held up a syringe.

"Demon blood. Don't know where the hell Sam got it, but after he knocked you out he injected you with it. I swear to God my brother's going off the rails." Libby scoffed, nodding.

"You don't have to tell me. Where is he now?"

"Texas. I had to come up with a distraction so I sent him to where he was for the past year," Dean said. Libby nodded. It didn't take a lot for her to figure out that he had used Amelia Richardson as a lure. "I'm sorry I used her, but I had no other choice."

"I'm not mad at you, Dean. I-I understand." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You do?" Libby nodded again.

"Y-yeah. Yeah, I do. Part of him still loves her. He was probably just lying to me the other day." She muttered the last part, hoping Dean wouldn't hear. But with her luck he heard it clearly.

"What do you mean lying?" Libby sighed. "Libby, what'd Sam say?"

"He told me he loved me, alright? I should have known-"

"Libby-"

"I know, Dean! It was stupid of me. It was a spur of the moment kinda thing and I should've seen it sooner." Dean shook his head.

"Libby." Dean sighed. "I think he was telling you the truth. It's just that part of him still has feelings for this Amelia chick. You just have to give him some time."

"Time? Time?" Libby asked in disbelief. "Dean, he knocked me out and then injected me with demon blood. If he accidentally gave me too much then I could be weak and back to square one or dead," Libby hissed. Dean nodded.

"Libby, I know. I ripped into him about it and he feels really bad but right now I think both of us need some time away from him. We've all been stuck together and it's driving us nuts. I don't understand how Sam and I haven't killed each other yet." Libby snorted. She didn't know how either. They always seemed to be fighting over something. "I'm sure you'd rather be with him right now than me, but-"

"No, Dean, I don't. I really don't know if this is something I can forgive him for. Besides, I'm sure he's doing just fine without me. I'm just your guardian angel, remember?" Libby looked out the passenger window. Dean frowned at the redhead, his gaze focusing back on the road.

Dammit, Sam. Don't you ruin this. She's the only girl crazy enough to stick around, Dean thought. He shook his head slightly and sighed, speeding up towards Rufus' cabin.

~*~

When the hunting duo arrived to Rufus' cabin in Whitefish, Montana, Dean made a break for the fridge. "Beer?" he asked Libby, his head in the fridge. She nodded.

"Sounds good. Thanks," she replied. Standing up straighter, he closed the fridge with two beers in his hand. He handed one over to Libby, watching as she popped the cap off and tossed it on the table. "So where exactly in Texas is he?" Dean took a swig of his beer.