Chapter 10

That horrible feeling when you realize your school has blocked Wattpad on the wifi

Libby awoke with her hand clutching the blanket to her chest, her red hair sprawled out around her head on the pillow. She reached out to touch Sam when she noticed that the bed was empty. She made contact with a sheet instead of skin and furrowed her eyebrows. Libby sat up and glanced around the room. "Sam?" she called out. There was no answer. Libby swung her legs over the side of the bed and got up, pulling on her discarded clothes. Sam's were gone. Every trace of him was gone from Libby's room. She left the bedroom, her feet padding down the halls of the Bunker. "Sam?" she called out before wincing. She wasn't sure if Dean was still asleep or not and if he was, he definitely wasn't now.

Libby turned the corner to see Sam and Dean sitting at the war table with styrofoam boxes sitting in front of them. A third sat in the middle of the table, untouched. "Why wouldn't she tell me this?" Sam asked Dean. Libby pressed her back against the wall, peeking around the corner of the hall to watch and listen to the brothers conversed. Dean shrugged.

"I don't know, man. She had told me that she didn't want us to worry. You know Libby. She puts us before herself." Sam sighed and nodded. Dean scoffed in disgust, shaking his head. "I can't believe Lucifer would even let that happen to her. Devil or not, that his daughter. I don't understand why he wouldn't have stopped it."

"Maybe he didn't know. I mean weren't the demons given orders not to touch or hurt her? You haven't seen the scars on her body, Dean. They're everywhere and I mean everywhere. I don't think I've ever seen that many scars on someone before." Dean frowned. They had seen Libby half naked plenty of times yet he had never noticed the amount of scars. Only that she had them. He didn't think she got it from torture, but combat. "I can't even imagine what she went through, especially for that long." Dean nodded in agreement and took a bite of his breakfast sandwich.

"What were you two doing last night anyways? The door's never locked." Both Sam and Libby's faces flushed a bright shade of red at the mention of the night before, bringing a smirk to Dean's lips. "Did you two-"

"Not all the way," Sam interrupted. He cleared his throat. "She didn't want to and now I understand why."

"Well, I'm sure that's an interesting first experience for you two." Sam nodded and ate his food awkwardly. Dean seemed to think for a minute, the grin falling from his lips. "When you told Libby you loved her, were you telling the truth?" Dean asked softly. Libby's breath hitched in her throat as she waited for an answer. Sam nodded.

"Yeah. Why would I lie about that? I know how much it means to her."

"So it wasn't just a spur of the moment kind of thing?" The youngest Winchester shook his head.

"No, of course not. Is that what she thinks?" Dean nodded his head to the side. Sam dropped his fork and clutched his hair, shaking his head. "Dammit. I wouldn't lie to her about that. I wouldn't lie to her period."

"Well, I mean you did knock her out," Dean pointed out. Sam nodded.

"Yeah, but I didn't lie. Dean, you wanna know why our relationships always fail?" Dean glared at his brother even though he knew he was right. "We lie. We lie for a living and it's a natural reflex. I'm sure you lied to Lisa and Ben and I lied to Jess and Amelia. I'm not making that mistake with Libby. I just can't. Not only is she too important to us, she's too important to the fate of the universe. She's gonna be the one to save us all."

"That's why Jesus was created. I'm sure that if Libby decided not to save the universe then God, wherever the hell He is, would create another Libby or Jesus. Even if He left I'm sure He would find a way to save us if this darkness crap threatened us. What is it anyways?" Sam shrugged.