Chapter 3.5

"So, apparently, the Inuit spell has some side effects," Sam told Dean as he hung up the phone, breaking the staring contest between Dean and The Colonel. Libby laid back on the bed, tossing a ball up in the air and letting out a sigh as she caught it effortlessly.

"Oh, well, that would have been nice to know before I downed it!" he snapped. Libby chuckled and shook her head. "What kind of side effects?" Sam glanced down at the phone in his hands before looking over at Dean.

"When you mind meld with an animal, it's... possible to start exhibiting some of its behavior," he replied. Dean glanced down at The Colonel who sat there panting.

"Don't look at me, Hoss. It ain't my fault," he told him. Libby nodded in agreement.

"The Colonel's right. I was more than willing to down that freaking glass of asswipe, but noo. Someone just had to be the big man and take it." Libby sat up. "And guess what? Now I can hear the damn dog, too. Every sarcastic comment." She chucked the ball at Dean's head. "Thanks, Soulmate." Sam raised an eyebrow at Libby's sudden attitude. At first talking with a dog had been fun, but after about an hour his comments really started to piss Libby off. It was like having Bobby Singer as a woman on her period. It just wasn't worth it.

"Well, how long am I gonna have the urge to..." Dean trailed off. The Colonel cocked his head to the side.

"Sniff butts?" he finished with a laugh.

"Oh, whoa. Hey," Dean said with a sarcastic laugh. "I don't have the urge to sniff butts," he snapped.

"Yet," Libby added with a smirk. Sam looked over from his spot on the dresser.

"Do you really h-have the –" he started off awkwardly.

"No! Come on!"

"Well, Kevin doesn't know how long it'll last. It's not like it's an exact science, you know? But hopefully, when the spell wears off, so will the side effects," Sam explained, watching as Dean pulled a chocolate bar from the duffel bag behind him. In order to get to the chocolate, he had to shove Libby's head off of the bag. She glared at him but sat up, grabbing the ball back and throwing it at the wall. She caught it as it bounced back to her and repeated the action.

Dean took a bite of the chocolate bar.

"I wouldn't eat that if I were you," The Colonel warned. Dean stopped and looked up, a piece of chocolate hanging between his lips. "Chocolate? Seriously?" Dean frowned and let the piece fall from his mouth. Libby grinned and reached around Dean, snatching the bar from his hands.

"I'll take that, thank you very much," she said with a triumphant smirk as she bit into it, almost taunting Dean with the fact that she could eat the chocolate.

~*~

"Where we headed?" The Colonel asked, looking up at Dean as the trio and Scooby-Doo headed towards the Impala.

"Back to the shelter," Dean replied, never looking down.

"To sniff out more clues, maybe dig up something we missed?" The Colonel teased. Libby threw her head back and laughed.

"Alright, one more doggy pun out of you, and I'm gonna have your nuts clipped," Dean told him, glaring down at the dog.

"I hate to break it to you, Hoss. My sack's emptier than Santa's after Christmas." Libby continued to laugh, harder this time. Sam eyed her weirdly as if asking what he was saying, but she just shook her head and tried to catch her breath. It was all too amusing to her.

"Aw, are you kidding me?" Dean whined as a bird crapped on the Impala's windshield. Dean glanced up at the bird on top of the lamppost above the Impala. "Hey, dick move, pigeon!"