Chapter 3

I'm gonna upload this chapter because maybe it'll give me some luck today. I have FSA reading testing today and tomorrow and I'm so unprepared and I'm a really stupid person so wish me luck.

Libby sat at the bar with a beer in her hand, looking around for anything out of the ordinary.

She felt like the monster herself, watching everyone and looking for its next victim.

Sam and Dean did the same from the other side of the pub, conversing about something Libby couldn't hear.

The door opened, the woman's dress catching her eye. Libby swore she had just seen that same woman walk into the restroom a minute earlier.

Elizabeth spun in her high top chair, catching her partners' attention, and nodding towards the woman behind her. Sam and Dean nodded, advancing towards her with silver blades in their hands.

She disappeared into the crowd and the brothers stopping and looked around. Libby caught sight of the shapeshifter turning on its heel and walking back out so she jumped out of her seat, following the woman outside.

"Ma'am!" she called out. The woman turned around as the door behind her shut.

"Yes?"

"Mind if we talk over there?" Libby asked, nodding towards the alley.

The woman shook her head and headed towards the alley. Libby grabbed her silver blade from her leather jacket as she approached the alley. She raised her arm, ready to plunge the dagger into the woman's chest, when she spun around and caught Libby's arm.

"I don't think so," the shapeshifter hissed, kicking the blade out of Libby's grasp.

The redhead scowled and lunged for her abdomen, only to get thrown back against the wall. Libby looked up, brushing her hair out of her face, just in time to see the shapeshifter shed its skin. Libby's eyes widened at the orange hair.

"I like this body better. It's pretty hot." Libby scowled and dove for the blade, attempting to lodge it in the shapeshifter's body, but missed and nicked her arm. "You're a sore shot," the shifter taunted before running off.

Libby shoved herself off of the ground and chased after the shifter, stopping only when she lost it. She looked around, defeated.

"Fuck!" she screamed out, kicking the trash can next to her. She ran a hand through her hair. "This isn't good."

~*~

"So you lost it?" Dean asked as the trio walked in the motel room. She nodded, looking around warily.

"Uh, yeah. She overpowered me. The bitch fucking threw me to the wall and broke my knife," Libby replied. Sam nodded before patting his pockets.

"Crap."

"What?" Libby asked.

"I think I forgot my phone at the pub. Mind if I take the Impala?" Dean shook head and tossed his little brother the keys. "Thanks. I'll be back in a few," Sam told them before walking out of the motel room, the door slamming behind him.

Libby sighed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, before her gaze settled on Dean who was taking off his jacket. Libby smirked, walking over to Dean. He spun around, raising an eyebrow at how close she was.

"Something you wanna talk about?" Dean asked, taking a small step back from the redhead. Libby shrugged mutely. "Is everything okay with you? You've been acting really strange these past few days."

"Yeah, I'm good. Just a little tired, that's all," she replied. Dean nodded slowly, not quite believing her but choosing not to argue.

Without warning, Libby placed her hands on Dean's cheeks and stood on her toes, planting her lips on his.