001

"the badges! the badges!"

"the certificates are here!"

"jesus christ, the damned chairs!"

"the chairs aren't arranged yet!"

"ser the table on the stage!"

"is the front table ready? the guests are coming in two hours!"

"where's the lunch team? we have three more guests!"

lesley slapped her forehead as the whole auditorium was in a mess.

the student leaders were rushing from one end of the place to the other, arranging the chairs for the guests for other high school student leaders.

she was a class president but the class presidents of the various classes were also called upon to help with the event, one of the school's biggest— the Student Leader Investiture.

she even had to iron one of the uniforms for the head of the student leader body because it got crumpled.

now, she was seated on a chair, worn out, but still arranging the numerous certificates to be handed out to the student leaders by the school Principal later on during the ceremony.

she had two duties because of the many absentees, the Prize table and the front table usher.

"for the love of god, someone get the damned badges!" another student wailed as she ran passed the stage where Lesley was seated.

despite being in an all-girl-school, the students were rather boisterous and loud. In other words, unladylike.

she shook her head in amusement as she watched, legs crossed and certificates in her hand. done arranging, she placed them by the side of the prize table. adjusting her blue uniform —a plain blouse and blue skirt— she checked herself in a random body length mirror the student leaders threw at the back of the stage (to check their attire). she straightened her name tag and class president badge.

"this school's a mess," she shook her head again and walked backstage where she was making her way to the front table for her usher duty.

"hey, Lesley!" A classmate of hers waved.

"you're getting invested but you look like a mess," lesley scrunched her nose as she helped Ayeon straighten her tie.

"sorry, mom," ayeon laughed as she retied her hair, "are you joining us for the post lunch with the student leaders of other schools later?"

lesley pursed her lips, thinking, "probably not. i have extra history lessons with Ms Na. i'll just get back to the room to get my bag."

ayeon pouted, "fine... have fun with Ms Na. i have to get back there now. See ya'."

lesley smiled, "see you."

+++

lesley watched as the numerous student leaders from the neighbouring schools walked into the school's foyer and took seats on the benches, waiting.

she checked her watch, it was time to bring them up to the auditorium.

she walked up to two male students, recognising their uniform as her school's Brother school down the street.

"hi! welcome to our school and thank you for making time to come down for our school's event. please follow me, i'll bring you to your seats."

the two looked at each other before nodding at her, following her up the stairs.

"hey, may I ask, what are the post programmes after the ceremony?" one of the male students asked. he was rather good looking she had to be honest, his sharp features were really prominent.

"well, there would be a post lunch ceremony and some games the leaders have organised. you can look forward to them later," she answers politely as she guided them to their seats. eyes from the students in the auditorium stared at them three intently.

she rolled her eyes, "here we go again," she thought, she hated the fact that the girls in her school loved to act as if they've never seen a guy in their life. their gazes could eat those poor boys up.

"please make yourself comfortable," she smiled as she got their seat, ushering them to take a seat.

"thank you..." the same male student's voice trailed off as he tried to catch a glimpse at her name tag.

"my name's Lesley. and no problem, if you don't mind, I have prize table duty I have to get to, enjoy yourself," she bowed courteously before making her way out of the auditorium and entering the stage from the back.

she laughed to herself, "how are those poor boys supposed to make themselves comfortable when the girls in our school look at boys as if they've never seen boys before."

she peeped from behind the curtains, looking at the two boys, casually chatting with each other as other girls pried on them like hyenas.

"what flirts," she 'tsk-ed' before getting ready for her second round of duty.

+++

"congarst on your investiture , yeo ," lesley smiled as she bumped into one of her friends who just got invested as a student leader, "sounds like stress and overload of work to me."

ayeon laughed as she thanked Lesley. they aren't the closest to each other but they're still good friends, "Let's head for lunch reception," she pulled lesley by the arm to the allocated room.

"i'm just going to pick my bag though," she pursed her lips, upset that she was going to miss the free food the school had provided, "i have extra history lessons."

"aw... the food looks pretty good, though," Ayeon pouted.

"thanks, that makes me feel a lot better," Lesley commented sacarstically as she let out a hearty laugh.

the two classmates parted their ways as Lesley jogged to the room next door to pick up her bag for class.

as she was walking up the stairs with two files in her arms, she bumped into two figures, causing her files and papers to scatter all over the ground.

"oh my, are you okay," she asked first before being down to pick up her papers.

"the question is if, you're okay," one of the voices laughed as he bent down himself to help pick up some of her papers.

the other male with a deep voice chuckled.

"here you go... Lesley!" the male chirped as he caught a look at her face that turned up to look at him.

"ah! It's the two of you," she nodded in realisation, "thank you," she smiled as she took the papers from their hands.

"you're not joining us for the lunch reception?" the same male questioned.

"no, sadly, as much as I love good food," she sighed, "i have extra classes to attend in half an hour."

"ah...anyways, I'm Daniel," the taller male stuck his arm out to her for a handshake, "Nice to meet you."

she took his hand and shook it lightly while giving him a small grin.

"and I'm Ong Seongwoo!" the other male clapped, "you can call me Seongwoo, or handsome."

lesley raised her eyebrows before hesitantly shaking his hand, "Uh... yes, nice to meet you, seongwoo."

"bro, your face just got rejected," Daniel laughed, earning a nudge in the rib in return.

lesley laughed, "I have to get going now, it was nice meeting the two of you."

"the pleasures ours, beautiful," Seongwoo winked, making Daniel roll his eyes.

lesley awkwardly laughed, "Haha... I hope to meet you guys again, have a good day."

"you too!" Seongwoo waved enthusiastically as she continued walking up the stairs to her classroom and Daniel bowed slightly on the other hand.

"gosh, you have to stop scaring every girl you meet, seongwoo."