075

monday.

sigh.

do i really need to continue?

seongwoo dragged himself out of his dad's car as he slowly trudged into the school, he was feeling like crap. especially with everything that happened with lesley over the weekend.

without paying attention, he eventually found himself on the school's rooftop instead of the classroom.

not in the mood for lessons, he leans against the metal railing by the edge of the rooftop, watching from above as his other schoolmates walk into school, busily texting away on their phones.

that would be him too if he were still with lesley.

even though his school was an all boys school, the proportion of people in his school that were dating was actually quite high.

this generation and their obsession with technology and everything smart.

he buries his face in his hands, scolding himself over and over again.

"stupid, stupid, stupid," he continues and he hits himself. he had to be honest, he really wasn't ready to say those words to lesley at all.

but the words weren't the most hurtful, the look on her face was.

she was definitely taken aback but she didn't say anything till he turned his back towards her and walked away. he would be lying if he didn't hide by a building a few feet away from where she was just to see if she was going to get home safe.

she didn't go back to her place immediately actually.

she stood rooted to the spot before slowly sitting down by the public phone. her face was shouting confusion but she didn't make a sound.

seongwoo's chest clenched as a tear finally rolled down her cheek.

as much he wanted to run up to her and apologise for being stupid and making it up to her with some dumb trick, he couldn't.

"hey," someone called from behind.

of course it was non other that daniel was his usual cheery face. but the grin on his face faded as he made eye contact with seongwoo.

"are you crying?"

"no i'm just sweating from my eyes."

"it's 18 degrees celcius now."

"shut up."

daniel chuckled as he walked next to seongwoo and lent against the railing as seongwoo did, enjoying the cool yet chilly breeze of the morning.

seongwoo finally opens his mouth again after a few minutes of silence, "what are you doing here?"

daniel shrugged nonchalantly, "the teacher didn't know where you were so she told me to look for you. but i'm not in the mood for history now. so i'll just enjoy the breeze with you for the time being."

seongwoo laughed.

daniel beamed as he managed to make seongwoo laugh, "you alright? you look as if you're filming an mv for a breakup song."

seongwoo forced a laugh, "i wish i was."

he laughed bitterly yet again, "i'm such an idiot. but you will treat her right, won't you?"

daniel frowned upon hearing his statement, "treat her right? lesley? did something happen?"

seongwoo sighed for the nth time that chilly morning as he folded his arms, looking away in the distance at the city skyline, "i broke up with her."

without warning and out of the sudden, he felt a violent tug by his collar and he coughed as a strong force pulled him off by surprise.

"you broke up with lesley?!" daniel fired at him.

if there were lasers coming of daniels gaze that could kill at that moment, he would probably a few thousand feet underground in his coffin.

he gulped several times, clearly taken aback by great shock but he slowly nodded.

daniel realised what he did and slowly put seongwoo down, apologising immediately, "s-sorry, i-it's non of my concern i shouldn't be acting like this."

"it concerns you. because both of us love her, especially you," seongwoo says quietly while walking away from him slowly.

"and sadly, so does she," he whispers before leaving daniel behind on the rooftop.