055

"hi, may i take your order—"

"lesley."

"holy shit, daniel what the heck are you doing here? exams are over," lesley frowned at the male.

he sighed, she was still ignoring whatever he texted her that night, "let's talk. we need to talk."

lesley pursed her lips, "i would, but im working?"

"i'll wait," he stubbornly replies.

he walks a few feet away from the counter where lesley was busy taking orders.

he looked at her several times and looked away. he didn't want to look like a creep. his heart felt heavy for the past few days after that sudden confession to her. he himself felt that she must've been extremely confused.

a loud crash on the floor made him snap his head towards her again.

she just dropped a whole tray of drinks on the floor.

before she could even start picking the broken pieces of glass, another figure rushed to the scene, "i'll get it. your finger is bleeding."

"seongwoo hyung," daniel greeted as he walked towards them. there had been this tight tension between them two for the past few days and daniel didn't like it one bit.

seongwoo was being his normal self but he was really quiet, making daniel confused.

seongwoo snapped his head to the latter and made a slight nod, "help her clean her finger," he instructed before picking up the broken pieces of glass and disposing of them.

daniel held her by her hand lightly, not wanting to hurt her, he placed her finger under cold running water by the sink behind the counter.

her other coworkers helped prepare another set of the drinks to serve, sending her worried glances.

she looked as if she lost her soul and for the past few days at work, she committed countless mistakes, something really unlikely from her as the meticulous individual she is.

lesley winced as the water made contact with the cut, stinging badly.

"i'm okay," she whispers to him, taking her hand from him slowly, "you can just text me. seongwoo is sending me home later."

daniel's eyes turned unreadable, he felt as if the whole world was crashing down on him, like he was losing everything at once again.

and weirdly, there was a part of his heart burning with jealousy towards his best friend— ong seongwoo.