078

lesley trudges like a lifeless zombie into her apartment with paper bags in her hands, jungkook's dinner.

it has been a while since she contacted the boys and have no plans to anytime soon.

life after that night she met up with daniel outside the convenience store seemed to have resumed to life long before she met them. it seemed like so long ago.

she hasn't gotten used to it yet, however.

as much as she hates to admit, she misses them a lot. like, a lot.

sure there are nights she itches to just text either one of them to meet up and probably just eat patbingsu at a street stall or just sit under the moonlight and talk about their troubles and what was on their mind.

life was boring now, less fun and less laughter, less of people who meant the world to her.

she adores both daniel and seongwoo, she's grown a lot with them, improved as an individual and learnt countless lessons.

now that they don't even contact each other, it's almost as if the last one, close to two years she has spent with them has never existed.

"thanks noona," jungkook smiles as he digs into his food she had laid out on the table neatly for him.

he watches in silence as she stared into space again, leaving her spaghetti to turn cold.

he purses his lips, he hated seeing his sister in his state. and with her national examinations as a senior next year coming in a couple of months, she really needed to focus.

"you should just forget them, noona," he blurts out, "really."

lesley raised her eyebrows, looking at jungkook.

he was never interested in who she befriended because she never hangs out with the wrong bunch of kids. he's well aware of her friendship with seongwoo and daniel, how much they meant to her. and with them not exchanging any words, it was hard for all three of them.

"who?"

"you know exactly who i'm talking about," jungkook simply replies, placing his fork down, staring at his sister intently.

"you're not the same anymore. you can forget them and pretend they never existed. we can see how much you're hurting because you don't want to hurt either. i think it's best if you just return to how you were before, before meeting them."

jungkook finishes up his food, leaving his sister at the table alone to have some time to think things through.

lesley sighs, she knows how worried jungkook is for her. he's worried to the point he's stepping into her personal matters now.

she's thankful that he said his opinion, she appreciated it. and somehow, forgetting them seems like the best thing to do.