073

daniel stepped out of the convenience store with two peach flavoured milk, his and lesley's favourite. he looked up to see lesley dragging her legs along the pavement, towards the same old bench outside the store.

he lips formed a thin smile as she looked at him.

she looked dead. extremely dead.

it could be the late time but she didn't look like this in the past when they would meet to help him feel better.

he jogged up to her, handing her two things, the milk and an extra thick hoodie he pulled out of his drawers before leaving house.

she raised her eyebrows, "i brought a jacket."

he rolled his eyes, "sure you did. and wearing shorts."

she looked down to see the same fbt shorts she has been wearing since she texted daniel a couple of minutes ago.

"you must have a lot on your mind," he says quietly as he gently placed the hoodie over her legs then sitting down next to her.

she only lets out a sigh as she holds the cartoon of milk in her hand, not exchanging words with daniel.

he stares at her, he was extremely worried for her. her already pale skin was paler than before, her lips were dry, her usually blank expression now seems lost in another world.

his arm stayed behind her, he hesitated to pull her into a hug. she's still another guy's girl anyway.

"i'm sorry... i said i wanted to come out to talk but i'm just sitting her like a mute," she laughs bitterly.

daniel pursed his lips, "it's fine. it's okay not to talk if you don't feel like it." he placed her hand on her shoulder, rubbing comforting circles, "it's fine to cry too, you know?"

she forced a chuckle as she looked away, tears evidently already building up behind her eyes.

she doesn't like crying in front of people as much of a crybaby she is (she's probably the only one that cried at the ballroom scene in beauty and the beast), it made her feel weak and vulnerable.

but in front of daniel, it seemed okay to be weak and vulnerable, everything was fine like that to her.

silently and without her noticing, daniel scoots closer next to her and wraps his long arms around her, pulling her into his chest.

his chest hurt seeing her cry.

a selfless girl who always takes the lead and places others before hers. but when her own wall is broken down, she's so exposed and confused.

sometimes it's funny how she reacts so quickly when others are hurting. but when she does, it's as if she's stranded on an island in the middle of nowhere alone.

everything was going on horribly for her— her stress from work, her stress from school, and of course her breakup with seongwoo.

even though she doesn't love him, some sort of attachment she had towards him had definitely developed. with the fact that he's just leaving her like that, she can't feel anything but hurt.

everything sucks and she feels like crap.

but everything going on at the very moment just felt so right as her own arms circle around daniel's torso.