048

daniel
online

daniel
lesley

lesley
yo

daniel
what are you doing now

lesley
watching try not to laugh videos
dogs edition

daniel
alright

lesley
what's up
do you need anything

daniel
well
uh
it's just that

lesley
you need to talk?

daniel
quite bad

lesley
alright
meet u outside the store in five

daniel pursed his lips, sighing, "what did i do to deserve her as a friend?"

nonetheless, he picked himself up, off the cold hard ground in his room.

turning the doorknob of his room slowly, he harshly wiped the last of his tears off his face. he wasn't the type to lock himself up in his room and cry but hearing his parents' conversation next door, he felt so broken, so lost.

he never liked to cry, he didn't like being viewed as weak or vulnerable, he made him feel horrid.

and to make him feel worse than he already does, he's asking lesley for help again. he didn't know why he trusted her so much. they've only known each other for a little over a year now, and it's funny how much they've changed from the first time they met.

he still remembers how she demanded to be paid when he asked her for help to get together with ayeon. but now, he doesn't even need to ask before she tells him to meet up with her outside the usual convenience store in five minutes.

"what's up—" a familiar loud voice greeted him from behind, "hey, why are your eyes so puffy? is it the dust in the air? god damn it, i knew the haze was getting worse."

"lesley," he smiled weakly.

she frowned, he looked as if he lost his soul.

"my parents are getting a divorce," he quietly says.

lesley's eyes widened as her mouth fell wide open, as if someone took words out of her mouth, she couldn't find herself to say anything. she didn't know what were the right words she could use at that very moment and could only will herself into a soft whisper, "daniel..."

his shoulder sank as he looked to the ground.

it was obvious he was trying to hide his tears from her.

nothing was working for him at that moment.

even though his results were improving tremendously,

ayeon was fighting with him again.

his parents are getting a divorce.

lesley turned quiet, unconsciously, she walks closer to him and wraps her arms around him, "daniel, i'm sorry, i'm so sorry.."

without replying her, he just circles his long arms around her too, letting go of everything at that moment.

everything was going so wrong for him.

but everything just felt so right at that very moment.