037

the clock on the way ticked slowly, time was passing so slow that night.

lesley swung her legs over the edge of the swivel chair, bored. she was supposed to end her shift at six in the evening but one of her co-workers had an emergency to attend to so she had to cover up instead.

since the café wouldn't open till another week, she took up a job at the local convenience store down the street instead.

the clock flashed 12 o'clock in the morning.

she knew she was screwed for school the next day. even if she were on time for school, she would be dozing off every five minutes into lessons.

she looked around the store, it was rather empty.

only some guy who has been roaming around the store since half an hour ago— holy shit, he has been there for thirty minutes?

lesley squinted her eyes, looking at him.

his gaze was fixated on her.

that sent a chill down her spine. she shook her head, trying to stop herself from thinking of the worst possible scenarios.

📥 you've got a message from daniel kang
hey lesley...

open | close

daniel kang
online

daniel kang
hey lesley, i didn't know u work at the convenience store

lesley
congrats sherlock, u found out

daniel kang
hehe
i passed by a few minutes ago

lesley
are you nearby?

daniel kang
yeah
kinda
why?

lesley
well
i'm alone in the store rn
and there's some weird male customer who
has been here for half an hour

daniel kang
he may have forgotten what he wanted to buy

lesley
yeah sure
if he did, he would be staring at the shelves. not me

daniel kang
holy shit
he must be some creep
ru okay?

lesley
he hasn't done anything
but im scared he would soon

daniel kang
i'm coming over in five

lesley
thanks daniel

lesley heaved a sigh of relief as she placed her phone down, next to her.

she would've texted seongwoo but he lived two train stations away. furthermore, he would've been asleep by now.

she took a peek at the male figure strolling past the shelves silently, he shifted his eyes elsewhere when he realised lesley looked over.

she frowned at him, making him blink several times.

"creepy-ass," she cursed under breath, looking away.

as she was sorting out the money in the cash register, she could see him walking towards her peripheral vision. her eyes widened but she continued to look away.

'daniel what are your long legs for?!' she thought, her forehead wrinkling as she did.

just as he appears beside her, he opens his mouth, "excuse me, miss—"

"lesley! sorry, i'm late," a voice hollered from the glass door. daniel, in a plain white shirt and track pants, jogged over to her side, "am i too late to bring you home?"

lesley raised her eyebrows at him when he swung his arm over her shoulders.

it took her a while to process what he was trying to do, "no, not at all, niel."

"shit," the suspicious old man cursed under his breath.

"yes, can i help you sir?" lesley smiles at the man, trying not to show her gritted teeth in the process.

"no, it's nothing, thanks," he shook his head, backing away. before he stepped out of the store, he sent a dirty look over to daniel, glaring.

daniel smirked at the older male as he looked back at lesley, who was sweating in the air-conditioned store, "you alright?"

she blinked, still trying to recover from her senses, the past few minutes were short yet terrifying, as if the man was still there, her face was pale and tired, she was worn out, scared.

"y-yeah, i guess. thanks for coming so quick."

"no problem," he grinned at her, "your text got me worried."

her cheeks turned a light shade of pink as she nodded in reply instead.

"let me bring you home? who knows if that creepy man is still nearby."

daniel picks up her bag from the side of the counter table, swinging it over his board shoulders. holding the door for her as usual.

he watched as she switched off the lights and locked the door for the store, before walking next to him, down the street back to her apartment building.