046

lesley sighed heavily, turning her phone off and leaping off her bed, she felt anxious; extremely worried that daniel would do something dumb.

she doesn't even know why she's reacting like that. she wonders if ayeon even knows about this.

tossing a random white hoodie over herself, getting ready to leave the apartment with a random pair of spongebob socks and shoes, hastily.

"noona, where are you going at this hour? it's past twelve and you have class tomorrow," jungkook who was getting ready for bed looked at his older sister weirdly, she was stumbling on her own clumsy feet, getting ready to leave the place.

"going to meet someone. go to sleep, i'll be back soon," she smiled, "oh shoot, i forgot something."

leaping on her feet, she scrambles, searching for something in the drawer by the front door, "got it. bye!"

"uh, bye? come back safe," jungkook waved goodbye to his sister, face still filled with confusion.

she pulled the sleeves of her hoodie, covering her fingers, "jesus christ, is it cold," she shivered, spring was coming soon but the cold nights are still lingering around, enjoying its last few nights before it turns warm and humid.

she didn't know why but her body was telling her to quicken her pace to the store, she doesn't even walk this fast when changing classrooms between lessons.

daniel in his usual track pants and jacket sat outside the convenience store on a random bench the town council just built. it was in the middle of nowhere but he found a good place under the dim street lamp to wait for lesley.

she lived further away from the store than he did but he decided to have a bit of quiet time before she arrived.

"hey, you're fast," he forced a smile as he caught sight of her from a distance.

she automatically smiled, "did you wait long?"

he shook his head, patting the empty space next to him, gesturing her to sit next to him.

"here, i was looking for this before i left the house," she pulled something out of her pockets, handing it to him.

"cream?"

she nodded enthusiastically, "mhmm, since someone decided to cut himself, it's going to leave a scar."

she pulled out his left arm, pulling the sleeves of his jacket up, applying the cream for him, "you know how dumb of you it was to do this, right?" she scolded.

he watched as she slowly, and carefully applied the cream on his arm where all the cuts were.

"i... know," he guilty replied.

"you know there are better ways to get rid of stress rather than cutting right?" she raised her eyebrows at him.

he lifted his head up, staring at her, shrugging.

she rolled her eyes, "just wait."

leaving the cream in the bench, she stood up and strolled into the store, yawning several times as she did.

daniel looked at her, full of remorse, his heart was filled with guilt. he knew how tired she was, from working and helping her brother fix his laptop, but she still took time to hear out his messed up thoughts and take care of him as if he were a child.

"it's a normal big sister thing really," she laughed, appearing in front of him again, "don't worry, i grew up as the oldest, i'm used to it."

he nervously laughed, "i said that out loud?"

she chuckled, "your habit of talking to yourself is one of the most amusing things to watch."

his eyes formed crescents, watching as she pulled something from behind her back, "here."

"why would you buy ice cream at this hour, in this freezing temperature?" he looked at her weirdly, but taking it from her hands anyways.

"it's a natural happy pill," she shrugged, opening the package, "and thank goodness that creepy old man wasn't here today," she joked.

daniel let out a hearty laugh as he followed her actions, tearing the package open to slowly savour the sweet dessert.

"c'mon, let's go," she stood up, pulling him by his sleeve, her small gestures like a five-year-old herself because of her small body frame compared to his.