035

"no, you times it here," ayeon argued with seongwoo over some math equation that they came across.

lesley raised her eyebrows and shrugged, looking away. she really could not be bothered by whatever that was going on. also given the fact, she hated the subject with a burning passion.

first things first, she signed up for a study session with the boys to help pull up her drowning math and science grades.

however, now she has to deal with ayeon who was annoying the heck out of her by debating over certain ways to solve the equation with seongwoo even though they still end up with the same damned answer.

and, love-struck daniel was not helping at all.

she buried her face in her hands, annoyed as heck, looking at daniel who had already given up on all the Xs and Ys on his paper that he was dozing off.

the whole afternoon was filled with non-stop arguing and whining

the whole afternoon was filled with non-stop arguing and whining. it was horrible and it was undoubtedly giving lesley a pounding headache.

lesley gave up trying to get seongwoo for help because he was busy arguing with ayeon.

leaning back in her seat, she sighs, making daniel turn to her.

"wanna go for a walk outside?" he asks, yawning as he did.

lesley nods, gesturing him to walk ahead of her, leaving seongwoo and ayeon alone. together, the two silently made their way outside, trying to suppress their laughter as they did.

holding the door for lesley, daniel eye smiled as she sent him a grateful smile.

"let's just walk around for a while?" daniel asks, walking by her side.

she nodded in agreement, looking ahead as they strolled by the pavement, next to the not-so-busy roads of the early afternoon. it was nice like that.

no screaming and whining ayeon, none of the usual hustle and bustle of seoul, it was nice and calm. it has been a while since lesley was able to just feel as if the whole world was just revolving fine, she had nothing in the world in worry about, she could just be free, herself.

she did not want to be filled with endless deadlines and projects to meet, she did not want to be trying to handle a class of thirty crazed girls, she did want to meet society's high and unreasonable standards of a pretty girl. she wanted to be free.

she wanted someone like daniel who treats ayeon as if she was the only thing in the world, she could pour all her troubles on him and he wouldn't even mind. she wants someone like that, someone who's just that sweet, someone who just handles things in such a benevolent way as he does.

it's a pity however, ayeon isn't appreciating such a guy in her life.

he doesn't mind nor let the spiteful things and comments from her and her friends get to him. he does what he wants, and pours all his focus of that, and the only two important things in his life are his parents and the girl he loves.

daniel finally breaks the silence between them, "lesley, what's your ideal type?"

she thinks for a moment before replying him, "well... for me, i just want someone who can take care of me well. i grew up taking care of others. sometimes i just want someone who can take care of me instead."

daniel nods, understanding her words fully. he admired her selflessness, her self respect. such traits are hard to find in girls nowadays. it was always about dressing well by exposing their skin, coating their face that totally hides their inner beauty.

he liked how lesley was- a girl who dressed up with respect for herself, she doesn't mind going around without make-up, she accepts herself for who she is.

"but really, having an ideal type is weird don't you think?" lesley laughs.

"why would you say that?" he raises his eyebrows, confused.

she purses her lips, "people who fall in love with you shouldn't like you for things you have and possess, don't they? i think they would love you, even after seeing the plain and boring sides of you, even when you're at your lowest. don't you think that's what true love is?"

daniel beamed at her statement, "lesley," he calls again.

"hmm?"

"i think the guy you end up with the future; he's one lucky dude."