051

"good lord, sweet baby jesus—" lesley jumped, startled as she opened the door of daniel's room, "cAtS."

daniel immediately leapt off his bed and picked rooney and peter, his beloved cats off the ground, "sorry, i forgot you're scared of them."

lesley breathed out, waving her hands, "it's fine. you can put them down."

"but you'll get a skin reaction, won't you?" daniel asked, wary of what may happen.

"oh, it's okay, it got better over the years. i'm fine now. i can't believe you remembered that," she gets herself seated on a beanbag by the side of his room.

"i wouldn't want you getting hurt or anything," daniel simply replied, placing rooney and peter on the floor.

lesley's eyes widened at his reply, looking away, trying not to get her cheeks to turn red.

ayeon on the other hands raised her eyebrows, feeling rather sceptical about the relationship between the two.

they just sat around daniel's room, talking about whatever came to mind while rooney and peter were just walking around the room, apparently quite fond of lesley as they keep getting her to stroke them.

it would look like any normal gathering any good friends would be enjoying. but people would probably would have mistaken ayeon for third-wheeling because of how excited lesley and daniel were getting over the new k-drama they were watching, 'While you were sleeping'.

+a/n: i am not the biggest kdrama fan but this is some good shit

ayeon stared at the two doubtfully, feeling rather uneasy, and mostly provoked.

she sat slightly closer to daniel, asking him how he was doing at his school. that question immediately put a smile on his face as he cheerfully answered her, "i got a couple of As this time around! credits probably go to seongwoo hyung and les."

ayeon nodded quietly as she sat back where she was, shooting lesley and quick glare.

"daniel, we have guests?" a middle-aged lady popped by the door of his door.

"e-eomma!" he stuttered, "you're home early."

she nodded as she stepped in, the girls immediately getting up to greet her introducing themselves.

she eye smiled, daniel must have gotten his from her, "nice to meet you too. i have some things to fill up. make yourselves comfortable, i'll be in the living room if you need me."

ayeon resumed talking to daniel while lesley watched daniel's mother step out slowly.

she turned back to the two people she labels, 'lovebirds', thinking how far they have come from the first day they met.

silently without interrupting them, she steps out of the room without either noticing. with small quiet steps, she walks into the living room where she saw the back view of daniel's mother, looking at some papers she has spread out nicely on the table.

she pursed her lips, feeling slightly nervous with every step she took towards the middle-aged lady, "sorry to interrupt mrs kang, but do you mind if i talk to you for a moment? just a short while, will do."

the lady raised her eyebrows, curious about what a young teenage girl she never knew had connections to her son was going to ask her, "go ahead, dear."

lesley fiddled with her fingers as she bit on her lip a couple of times, "i... really don't mean to be rude or pry on your family matters but... it's about you and your husband... and how daniel feels."