088

"oh hell to the no," lesley frowns as she backs away from them.

jungkook jumps over the sofa, grabbing his sister by the arm and dragging her to the bathroom, "fifteen minutes. go."

lesley narrows her eyes at him as she takes a shower, unsure of why on earth was she suddenly going for her school prom.

the boys started getting everything ready; her outfit, curling irons, a hair dryer, daehwi's makeup stash and a chair to tie lesley down to.

as soon as she steps out, everything happened to quickly for her to comprehend.

two people grabbed her by the arm, pushing her onto the chair that sat in front of the full length mirror someone brought out of her room.

youngmin's girlfriend, jinee (whom she is very close to now, too) was applying a thin layer of makeup on her just as she likes it.

she doesn't even know how and why, and most importantly who entrusted woojin and donghyun to curl the ends of her hair.

youngmin had to go get his car so he could drive her to her school later on.

jungkook was straightening her dress out for her and cleaning the heels in case there was a stain.

daehwi was charging her phone for her, passing everyone cookies as snacks and getting drinks for anyone who requested a cup.

she was thankful her friends were placing so much effort into getting her ready for prom but the biggest mystery that laid in her heart was— why?

they all knew she wasn't the type to attend such events (unless she had to be on duty of some sort, she does not have this time), why were they so excited about getting her to prom?

"all done!" woojin and donghyun chorused, pulling her up, "now go change!"

at that moment, she honestly felt like cinderella along with her animal friends or belle with the dancing and singing furniture, getting ready for a royal dance of some sort.

as soon as she stepped out in her dress, she still has no idea how it came about, hair done and make up on, her mouth fell agap.

"you look great!" jinee squealed and spun her around, "you're all ready now!"

just about two hours ago, she was still dressed sloppily and sprawled across her bed watching her kdrama, now she is all dolled up for her graduation night.

and with the fact that she rarely, or close to never, dresses up, she had to admit she looked beautiful.

maybe even more beautiful because of how much effort her friends had put into preparing her for this. she was thankful, really.

"youngmin hyung is downstairs!" jungkook announces but he started rambling, "you have twenty minutes till your prom starts, ayeon noona will be waiting for you at the front gate—"

"hold up!" lesley immediately interrupts him, "as much as i am very touched by how much effort you guys have put into this, what is all this for?"

they all smiled and slowly followed her to youngmin's car, "we just want you to enjoy your senior year," daehwi says, smiling like an angel at her.

she grins and gives him a quick hug.

"c'mon, you can give us your thank you speech another day," donghyun gently pushes her towards youngmin's car, "go enjoy yourself for the night!"

she waves them a quick goodbye before jumping into the car with youngmin and jinee, quickly rushing towards her school for the event.

she was still really flustered from the whole trail of events that took place in such a short duration but the night was still young, maybe she should really enjoy her senior prom, it was her last and final year in the school anyways— she deserves to celebrate its closure.

"we're almost there, you have five minutes left," youngmin says as he turns at the junction, she could see her school in a distance already, the front garden was decorated with numerous fairy lights and beautiful banners, it looked almost magical.

courtesy of the theme of the year, it was fairytale is she wasn't mistaken. she doesn't even recall reading the invitation card for prom fully.

"you look beautiful by the way," youngmin compliments, making her cheeks flush red.

"thanks, youngmin."

jinee beams at her, "go have fun! and talk to them when you meet them, alright?"

"i will," lesley replies but frowned shortly after, "wait, talk to who when i meet them—"

her words her interrupted as youngmin had already swung open the door and someone had already pulled her out of the car.

the voice shrieked immediately, "finally! you're here! you looked beautiful! but let's get in first!"

"ayeon?" lesley blinks in confusion, "oh hello! i almost couldn't recognise you," she laughed while being dragged by the arm.

ayeon didn't waste anytime as she guided lesley down the hallway towards the auditorium where everyone else was.

while ayeon was in a state of anxiousness, lesley was busy looking around the school, how beautifully the decoration team had set it up, they did a great job.

however, there were a lot of new faces in the school. a lot of guys, making her confused.

did youngmin drop me off at the right school? these boys are from the school down the street.

ayeon chuckled, "you're at the right place, les. our school has invited them for prom this year."

her eyes widened as she turned slightly pale, "t-they did?"