024

📨 you've received a message from ayeon lee
lesley, me and dan...
open | close

ayeon lee
typing...

ayeon lee
lesley, daniel and i are coming by the cafe you work at, in the afternoon
can you prepare that drink i like?

lesley
iced americano?

ayeon lee
yup, thanks!

lesley slipped her phone back into the back pocket of her jeans, retreating back behind the counter to prepare ayeon's drink.

she had to be honest, she always envied ayeon; her looks, her height, her figure, her talents, her family background and finances, it was impossible to not call her any boy's ideal type.

for her, herself, she doesn't have the most outstanding looks, she's of average height, she can't seem to find herself good at anything, her family is wonderful but everyone has to work hard to chip in for the food on the table. and that's what she's doing.

her brother wanted to step in and help too, maybe to earn a little more cash so that his sister could spend some money on nice things for herself instead of cooking good meals for him and giving him pocket money to spend on new sports equipment and merch he wants.

but being the selfless sister she was, she had persuaded him not to and instead focus on his studies while she worked at this café whenever she had the time.

"lesley!" she heard a cheery voice by the door of the café. she snapped her head up, only to see ayeon waving at her and daniel sending her an unreadable smile.

almost as if it was forced.

she isn't that close to him to even determine.

she really wanted to get closer to him, yes, her inner social monster is acting up again but she's afraid people may misunderstand, misunderstand that she's trying to flirt with daniel.

"here's your drink," she placed the cup on the table, the drink right in front of ayeon.

"thanks, les," ayeon grinned, passing her the money for the drink, "what time does your shift end? do you want to join us for dinner in the evening? seongwoo is joining us!"

"uh, i'm not sure," she thought, she promised to cook jungkook's favourite meal that evening, "i'll think about it. what time are you guys staying till?"

"around five, that's when your shift ends, right?"

lesley nods as ayeon.

"tell us then."

she smiles as a sign of agreeing before making her way back to the counter, looking over to daniel, sending him an 'ok' sign with her fingers.

he catches her question and nods.

"good luck," she mouths to him, he grinned and nodded at her before turning to face ayeon.

📨 you've got a message from jungkook🐶
noona, youngmin hy...
open | close

jungkook🐶
online

jungkook 🐶
noona, youngmin hyung said he and the
boys wanna watch a movie at tonight and asked
us to join them

noona 🐷🍓
um, okay
tell them sure
can y'all pass by the café to pick me up

jungkook 🐶
sure. youngmin hyung is picking everyone up

noona 🐷🍓
okay
can you take a hoodie from my closet for me?
i'm wearing a pretty thin tee

jungkook 🐶
okay!
we'll swing by around 5??

noona 🐷🍓
yupyup
see you and the boys later

jungkook 🐶
okay noona 😁😁
can you take a blueberry cheesecake for me? 😅

noona 🐷🍓
as always,
i will

jungkook🐶
thanks noona 😙😙

lesley smiles as she slips her phone back into her pocket again.

she just loves it when she can do something for jungkook. she always has that urge to do something for her dear brother because of how respectful he is to her. unlike other boys, he knows how to treat girls right. and it all starts from home. their dad taught him this, he learnt them well.

now that the two siblings are living in seoul, separately from their parents, they've grown to be more independent and learnt the importance of understanding each other well as siblings.