093

seongwoo looked up from his tray of failed chocolate chip cookies, shaking his head as his gaze trailed the couple that just walked in.

he frowned, "isn't that shirt a bit too big for you, les? you look like a baby playing dress up with her mom's clothes."

lesley rolled her eyes as she pulled daniel over to the kitchen counter, "it's daniel's. he wouldn't let me change."

the tall male could only awkwardly laugh as a reply before retreating to the television where a couple more of their friends were sitting near the christmas tree.

"failed again, i see," lesley teased, referring the black and dark brown cookies that laid on the counter in a tray.

seongwoo narrowed his eyes at lesley, throwing the cookies away, "i tried."

"because natasha said chocolate chips was her favourite."

seongwoo bit his lips nervously, trying not to blush as lesley continued to bug him.

the memory was still clear, how he approached her at their prom, it was funny how he actually mustered up the courage to approach a girl like that. and coincidentally, that girl he approached— natasha— is one of lesley's classmates too!

and being the little devil she was, she constantly sets the two up on dates knowing seongwoo's little infatuated self probably wouldn't do anything.

also to repay seongwoo, she wanted to make sure he got together with a girl who would love him too.

and seeing how much natasha gets nervous and shy around him too, it was pretty obvious the feeling was mutual.

"tash! right on time! seongwoo needs to get the drinks, mind helping him? his arms are too weak," lesley leaped off her seat and rushed over to the poor girl who got a shock from lesley's loud voice.

"a-ah... sure," she chuckled as she walked towards the kitchen where seongwoo was silently cursing at lesley.

while natasha was quietly filling up cups with drinks, lesley pulled out a bag from her bag and shoved it in seongwoo's hands, "here, i baked some too, knowing you would fail like always."

seongwoo tried to suppress the grin that was going to spread on his face, "thanks."

she winked at him as she left the two alone.

"les," daniel grinned as he pulled her smaller figure next to him, making her sit next to him, his arm over her shoulder like the possessive one he is.

"how's he?" he whispers over to lesley, referring to his best friend who was probably a nervous wreck in his own kitchen.

lesley chuckles as she intertwined her fingers with daniel's, "sweating buckets. it's amusing to watch."

the two started giggling like little kids while picturing their friends together.

it was christmas and with a couple of friends, they decided to throw a small party in seongwoo's apartment.

this was decided because seongwoo usually made the biggest mess at parties so everyone wanted to mess up his place this time round.

it's been years since their first meeting at the investiture in lesley's school and it's funny how time passed by so quickly, they're all with the one they love, continuing with their lives so.

well, everyone except seongwoo. but he's trying!

as everyone was talking over some drinks at a table, daniel pulled lesley by the hand to the balcony to get a quick break from the stuffy room.

he grinned down at her smaller figure as he circled his arms around her waist, placing his chin on the top of her head.

"we'll be a lot busier next year wouldn't we?" he asks softly, not moving from his position.

maybe because he likes the smell of her of something, he does this a lot. or maybe just to remind her how much shorter she is compared to him.

lesley doesn't seem to mind as she hums in reply, sighing as she thinks about the piles of assignments that were left untouched on her table back in her room.

she had countless of nights she really felt like giving up because of the stress but daniel never made it happen, he would always sit next to her and do his work with her so she wouldn't feel a tiny bit lonely. and if she really needed to cry from the stress, he was there.

"hang in there alright?" he flashes her his toothy smile as he kisses the crown of her head softly.

the sides of her lips tug upwards as she turns around to wrap her arms around his torso, "honestly, how do you handle all this stress? isn't it too much?"

"if i showed you the weaker side of me, wouldn't that make you even more stressed out?" he laughs.

"i really don't know what to do without you."

"me neither."