052

daniel stepped back into his room from the balcony after waving goodbye to the girls.

he felt bad that he couldn't send either home since he was still experiencing a throbbing headache. he watched as their figures turned smaller in the distance.

just then, a knock on his bedroom door made him turn around, away from the window.

"mom," he greeted weakly as she stepped in, a tray of his medicine and dinner on it, "thanks."

the mood and atmosphere around his parents have been tense for the past few weeks. the files for the divorce haven't been finalised but it was so obvious his parents were fixed on this decision of ending their twenty over years of marriage.

it's such a waste.

they're both amazing people and he loved it when the three of them would go places together, creating memories, just the three of them.

mrs kang stared at her son who was spacing out again, she did miss the old him who was more easily amused by everything and giggling at every silly thing he witnesses, she sighed, "daniel... you're not the same now."

daniel looked up to his dear mother, replying plainly, "so are you and dad."

she closes her mouth.

it took her a while to gather up the courage to speak again, "i'll think about it again, daniel."

"about what?"

"the divorce. i'll think about my decision again."

daniel thought he was hearing things as he sprang up from his chair, standing in front of his mother, "a-are you serious?"

she immediately breaks out into a smile as she nodded slowly, "your friend talked to me just now."

daniel tried to recall, but he couldn't remember if anyone had ever had the courage to talk to his parents before. they usually looked really intimidating to his friends that they would sometimes even forget to greet his parents.

but he knows only one girl is capable and would do that.

mrs kang prepared to leave his room, "she's a very nice girl. i hope she's the one you're usually talking about," she teased before closing the door behind her.

daniel felt his cheeks get a bit hot as he turned away, muttering to himself, "she isn't the one i usually talked about, but i think she is now..."

"