047

daniel
typing...

lesley
if you ain't coming any sooner, i'm going to finish your drink on your behalf

daniel
oh my god
pls just spare me
and my drink
i was held back by my teacher
i'm running

lesley
you better be

daniel
i am 😤😤

lesley chuckled as she placed her phone next to her, pulling her worksheet out of her bag and onto the table.

after that night, the two came up with a plan to help each other pull their grades up.

they would meet up at the café lesley works at every weekday after her shift that ends at 7pm to study till 10pm, before heading home.

they've been doing this for a month or two now, the quality of daniel's work have been improving slowly and his grades are definitely progressing. his parents are of course the most pleased, his classmates surprised, even ayeon.

he seemed to be getting along fine with ayeon again, giving lesley a peace of mind. lesley's friendship with seongwoo has also been getting better, the two are getting closer and sometimes hang out at his place for movies.

"i'm here," daniel panted and breathed out heavily as he plopped himself down on the seat in front of lesley, "what's with the rush?"

"nothing," she replied with a sly smile, "i just don't like waiting alone."

he gave her an 'are-you-serious' look before shaking his head, making her laugh.

"let's just start before either of us start procrastinating comes out."

daniel takes out a few math exercises he collated from his teacher and his tutor for extra practice, passing a few to lesley, "i know you're not going to spend tons of money on those assessment books so i printed a couple for you."

she flipped through the pile, a grin immediately spreading across her face, "thanks."

he nodded and looked at his own work, focusing silently.

like any other day they would study together, lesley had a habit of listening to music through one earphone so that she could hear daniel in case he needed anything.

he looked up from his worksheet after a while for a short break, stretching as he yawned tirelessly

he looked up from his worksheet after a while for a short break, stretching as he yawned tirelessly. he switched his gaze over to her, analysing her features.

she never tied her hair the best because there would always be strands of her hair hanging by the sides, falling in front of her face as she looked downwards at her worksheet.

her ponytail would always have fallen down to her shoulders by the end of the day because of how loosely her hair is tied.

he finds it amusing.

to be honest, he finds a lot of things that she does very amusing.

he doesn't even know how and why she has the ability to make people around her laugh and smile so easily. it's a special trait of hers.

the fact that he can point out so many of her good traits, makes him wonder if she was actually human, he found it hard to find anything negative about her.

she would say her height, her weight, her figure, her aura, her talents.

but he likes her height and figure. she's small (well not really, but compared to him). the type that would probably be squished if he or seongwoo were to hug her.

her aura was dependent on the moment. when he first met her at her school's investiture, she had to cold and mysterious aura. she didn't smile a lot but when she did, it was really, very charming. after getting closer to her, he actually found out she's quite the cheerful and happy kind of girl, the type that laughs at her own lames jokes but takes five whole minutes to figure out someone else's.

she feels that she doesn't posses any special talents. for him, he was good at b-boying. for ayeon, she loves to dance. seongwoo... well, just has his face.

for lesley, she can do many things— sports, cook, clean up. they're nothing major and outstanding but she's an all-rounder. even if her skills aren't the best, she has the ability to do many things. he found it better than being good at one particular thing.

"are you done?" she looked up, catching him staring at her, "something on my face?"

he blinked several times, startled but ended up shaking his head, "n-no, i was just spacing out."

"you look very tired," she commented, "do you want to get home earlier today?"

he shrugs, agreeing anyways, "i'll send you home."

daniel would always be the one sending lesley home after their study dates.

it was nice.

they would spend the time talking about the newest episodes of their favourite k-variety show and some corny k-drama they're watching. they enjoyed each other's company. rather a lot.

the constant laughter and wheezing come along quite often and easily with both their weird sense of humour.

lesley didn't have to worry about pervy old lechers and old men anymore; thanks to daniel's intimidating vibe behind those broad shoulders and daunting built, to her, it's like a shield (which she may have to help push up sometimes, though)

at the door of her apartment, she turns around and thanks to him again while slipping off her shoes.

daniel waves it off, "it's fine. it's better than having you be in danger. i'll go now. bye!"

she waves to him even though he had already walked quite a distance away.

as she strolled into her room and laid on her bed, recalling the events of the day in her worn-out brain, "why does my heart beat like that around him? i don't like him, do i?"