089

lesley found herself nervous the whole night, it has been so long since she last saw them, let alone talk to them. it was painful but she did what jungkook told her to do, forget them.

the whole auditorium was rather awkward, neither the boys nor girls dared to interact with one another. besides a couple who were probably on the more flirty side.

she laughed as that thought crossed her mind, that's definitely seongwoo. and daniel would probably be being dragged around by him like a lost puppy.

"yah, are you listening?" one of her friends waved a hand in front of her face.

"h-huh? what did you say?" she blinked.

ayeon shook her head, "you alright?"

she forces a smile and nods, looking around, a couple of boys have already started conversations with some girls at tables closer to them.

a few boys have also approached her table to ask her or her friends for a dance. while several of her friends shyly agreed and got to the dance floor with them, lesley politely refused while waiting.

waiting for a special someone, of course.

there was still that slight spark of hope that he would be here, somewhere, looking for her.

ayeon herself didn't dance with any boys who asked her since she promised her boyfriend she would be alone for the night without a date. he's quite the possessive type.

"he's here, don't worry," ayeon smiles at her, patting her shoulder.

lesley's cheeks flushes as she and looks away, "oh shut up... you're not dancing because jaehwan told you not to, right?"

ayeon rolls her eyes, "should've just stayed home."

they chuckled softly while chatting over their plans after they graduate.

ayeon was going to pursue dance and has plans to go overseas to be a choreographer while lesley wanted to major in history and be a teacher.

daniel actually suggested for her to be one since she was a great history teacher for him, it would be a waste if she didn't be one as a profession.

her smile faded once he crossed her mind again, she missed him. like, a lot.

ayeon was looking around, trying not to look frantic, "i'll go get us some drinks."

before lesley could even refuse and go help her, ayeon had already gotten off her seat and shuffled quickly over to the food section.

lesley pursed her lips and ran her fingers down her dress, admiring the fabric, it was soft and comfortable.

she looked around, scanning the auditorium, most of the students were on the dance floor already. her eyes laid on a figure whom was walking towards her, his charming smile hanging on his face.

"hey, long time no see," he greets, offering his hand to her for a dance.

slowly, she stands up, it's been so long since she has heard his voice. she places her small hand in his waiting ones, "seongwoo..." she finally breaths out.