•4•

•••

"Deena!"

The calling of her mother was heard throughout her room in closed doors.

Leaving her room to run downstairs to find her mom in the kitchen cooking, as usual.

"Yes, Mama?" She walked closer to her before looking at what was she cooking.

"Our neighbors invited us for her party, she'll reveal the baby's gender and we happen to meet then suddenly she invited us too." while she explains, Deena took her time to taste the delicious food her mother was cooking.

"So you're going?"

"We are going"

That made her blink and look at her confusedly.

"I don't wanna go" Deene rejected and kept her focus on the dish. "No habibty, you're going. I already told her that I'm coming with you and she wants to see you" but her mother was stubborn.

"Mama you can't force me to go!" Deena chuckled. "I am forcing you now, go get ready" forcing her out of the kitchen by pushing her by the waist using her own hips to do so.

Deena sighed before going back to her room and starts getting ready.

She wasn't fond of her neighborhood or the people themselves, the best thing to her was that it was a peaceful neighborhood.

Changing into nice clothes before she started adding a thin layer of makeup on her face.

•••

The first thing she saw that made it too obvious that it's the house they were looking for, was the yellow balloons.

It was enough to make her stomach turn and feel uneasy to go in or not.

Not to mention how hot the pot was as she held it tightly.

"Mama" the way she called made her mother crack a chuckle, knowing what her unsocialized daughter wants to say.

"Forget it Deena, we're going " but her mother was on her words. "But Mama, I feel sick" she whined but her mother shook her head.

"I'm not going" stopping on her steps when they were a step away from the door, she was stubborn.

"Wallah, habibty I'm going, with or without you" with a smirk on her face, Deena's mother, Rudaina fixed her hijab and ranged the bell.

"Such evil mother you can be" she mumbled but her mother heard it clearly. "Yes dear, your father choose me for that"

It made her roll her eyes but laugh at the end before walking closer to her loved mother.

"Oh my God, you made it!" A pregnant woman opened the door with a smile that came from ear to ear, a yellow floral dress with her short blonde hair.

"Of course I am" they hugged and smiled at each other before she noticed me.

"This is my daughter, Deena" her mother pointed at Deena before the lady smiled at Deena.

"She's so beautiful, I'm Susan" she pulled Deena for a hug which startled her a lot but thought was something no one did ever since they came so she was like,

Hamdulillah someone liked me in this town.

But it was actually the last thing she wanted.

"Come in please, feel like home" saying their thank you's before walking in and giving her the pot of macaroni and cheese in it.

Not that much of a people that you could get lost in it. The house was decorated with yellow balloons, yellow baby posters, yellow gifts, yellow plates and cups, the whole thing was yellow.

Her mother started talking with other groups of ladies, here and there she would be introduced by her mother to other neighbors and Susan's relatives.

But it was boring to her and she was hungry.

Not like she'd find the best halal food in here.

She wasn't that person who would find someone to talk with, she wasn't a talker or wanted to be, she was happy the way she is.

"Deena," her name was called by an unfamiliar voice, she turned to meet Susan with a smile.

"Hey," she smiled back. "Go get some food honey, well be announcing the gender after the guests eat!" She squealed like a ten-year-old girl before she started pushing Deena towards the table with food.

Several dishes on the table, all with yellow plates, even her mother's macaroni.

Taking a plate and started taking some food that not consider chicken or meat.

(Muslims can eat chicken and meat as long as it's halal, just stating a fact)

She was actually quite hungry that she did notice it now but when a familiar voice was heard all her mood changed into a worst one.

"Didn't expect I'd find Scarffed terror over here, what a pleasing evening this would be"

She didn't turn to the person but it was so obvious, it was him. She didn't know how the hell did he come here but she thought it might be her hallucinating so she just ignores the voice thinking it might be Jinn (Satan).

"Are you ignoring me?" But the voice was still there, hanging on her ear, it was so close so she turned to him.

No other than Zayn Wilson.

Her eyes glaring, brows furrowed with a frown.

"Astaghfirullah, what are you doing here?!" It annoyed her so much, it was way more than enough having to see him at school every day.

"Someone's not happy to see me, yeah?" As always he'd take everything as a joke.

Shooking her head in disappointing of his dry head.

"What are you doing here? Are you following me?" She asked, not curiously but the fact that he's here, standing in front of her is annoying her.

"The question points at you, this is my uncle's house, what are you doing here" crossing his arms, in a wait for my reply, not really minding the row of people waiting after.

"So, Susan is your uncle's wife?" She asked as he gave it a nod making his fall off on his sharp face before he pushed them back.

"Exactly" he smirked.

She turned to her front with an opened mouth at the coincidence.

"Subhanallah, why do you have to do this to me Ya Allah" she sighed before ignoring the chuckling thing behind her and taking more food.

"You know what? It was bored until I found you here" he smirked which made her roll her eyes before stomping away from him.

In anger, she whispered several things to her Allah in anger.

Between all the annoying people I'm the world, you didn't find anyone expects Zayn?!

But soon she realized that she was talking to Allah and not her mother.

Oh, Allah, I'm so sorry but he is actually a real jin for me!

•••

Moon: yeah, that's lifeu.