•26•

•••

The ride was expectedly long, which she already thought it would be longer.

Something terrible happened to Deena, something unexpected as well, she never thought it would visit her on this month, on this day, on this time where she was stuck in the bus with her classmates, and next to Zayn.

Mother nature is paying her a visit.

Deena haven't fallen asleep ever since she sat in the bus from the pain, Zayn beside her was also awake, listening to music, so into his world while the whole bus was also asleep.

They haven't spoken a word to each other yet, not like she wanted to.

Every time it visit her, she would stay in bed and sleep the whole day and if it didn't stop till the next day then she'd sleep more which was hard to during the pain, she obviously wasn't in need of chocolates, her statement was always saying; "We all know we'll get whatever we want when we're on our period, stop acting like it actually helps reduce the pain because it doesn't".

Which was 80% true, or maybe that's what she thought.

She made sure to keep the pain for herself by clenching her stomach or her fist and sometimes she'd groan a little loud which would always led to Zayn giving her some glances but will never speak to her.

The bus came to a stop and Deena looked up to see C. Frank telling them to go to the bathroom or buy some snacks before the bus leaves again. A break to be clear.

Her classmates started leaving the while she sat there in pain, it ached her so bad and she has no money to get some pads.

It was a disaster. A real disaster.

They all left Deena in the bus groaning hard, to the point where she had to stretch her body and lay her lower parts on Zayn and Max's seats for awhile.

She started rubbing the lower part of her stomach while say I Bismillah (with the name of Allah) three times and following after her dua, (prayer).

"I seek refuge in Allah and in his power from the evil of what I find and of what I guard against" 7 times in a row.

Remembering the time her long gone Father teached her this small prayer when she got hurt playing in their playground and since then whenever she'd get hurt she'd start this prayer while rubbing the spot that hurts her.

Not a minute has passed after her prayer, someone walked in the bus and moved closer to her seat as she sat back on her seat when it turned to be Zayn.

She flinched when he throws the plactic bag he had beside her and so she glares at him.

What does he want right now.

"Do you have a problem?" She wasn't in the mood for this haram person and she would love it if he didn't speak to her at all tonight.

"No, but you seem like you do" and the playful smirk follows after which she glared in response. "Take it, and do whatever woman do with it." And he leaves the bus, leaves Deena confused.

Her hand reaches the bag and opens it.

He did not just do that..

And she gasps.

•••

She just left bathroom and it was quicker than supposed. She had questions waiting to be answered, a lot of them.

First, how did he know that she was on her period second, how could he go to the store and go to the ladies section to get some pad like it's something for himself, and there is so much more but her brain wasn't functioning anything from the pain that got less painful.

She hopped into the bus, finding some of the students already in it, she went to her seat but couldn't when she found someone already in it.

"Sorry, that's my seat" she told the person, which happened to be Vanessa. "Oh really? It's mine now, go search for another one" she replied, flicking her thick hair back with a roll of eyes.

But that wasn't how Deena is.

"This is my seat, my bag is there and your actually stepping on it." Deena replies. Vanessa looks down to Deena's bag, she picks it up and throws it to the seat behind them.

"Now it's not your seat." She smirked while Deena was left with a shocked expression.

"Vanessa you can't just do that,"

"Too late,"

"Vanessa! Get the hell out of my seat!"

"Omg, just fuck off."

"Now!"

Deena was not anywhere close to being kind or calm now, plus the pain wasn't leaving any spot on her body to relax.

Vanessa and Deena opened their mouth to say someyhing which was obviously something like "I want my seat" or "it's my seat already" as they draw attention to them, but someone came and stopped both of them.

"What the fuck is happening here?" Zayn and the other's came in, observing a mad headed Deena and vanessa.

"She's on my seat and she doesn't want to leave it!" Deena was angry, the hormones were really playing games on her.

Zayn moved to take his seat causally.

"what are you doing here?" And he finally turns to Vanessa. "I took this seat already, I want to sit with you" she replied, acting innocent.

What the fire of jahannam does she want from my seat?! Him? Then honey his all damn yours!

Zayn eyes her for awhile making her look back at him. "What? I'm not leaving, forget it" but Vanessa was still hard headed.

"Vanessa," he called. "Go back to your seat" he continues and as if he was commanding. "But, Zayn I cam-"

"I won't reapeat myself".

At that statement, Deena was so relaxed that he was talking care of the situation because she couldn't with the pain and a weak figure that it left her with the thought if how he might be enjoying to cut people before their sentence.

Vanessa wasn't moving an inch at the moment, she was stubborn, just too stubborn until Zayn says; "what are you waiting for? Fuck off." And with a heavy sigh that lingered with an attitude she left stomping.

"Sit down." And he commands the other girl who had a satisfied smile on her pink lips. As soon as she sits, another plastic bag was thrown her way.

"Would you please stop thro-"

"Just eat." He cuts her off. She looks down to the plastic bag again and sees a bunch of chocolates which made her eyes go wide.

And she stops, she stopped to think.

Think of the things he did, more questions were added to her list and he wasn't helping with that.

"Listen Zay-"

"Don't lecture me about whatever i got you, I just did and that's it. Enjoy it while it lasts because I don't really go around ladies second for a girl." before she could say whatever she wanted to say, as usual he cut her.

Her gaze lingers on him as he sips from his energy drink a healthy sip as she thought of him.

He might be her bully but there's really something about him that she didn't understand, just the way he told her.

Why is he doing this? Why to her? Wasn't she his enemy? Why does it seem like he cares? And more other questions that she didn't know the answers to them yet.

Perhaps one answer can solve them all? Only Allah would now but for know she had to say one thing.

"Zayn,"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you."

And she smiles.

Little did she know he was fighting for a smile that threatened to be seen.

•••

Moon:

Here's an update!💕