•13•

•••

"Stop on your marks"

Just when the bell announced that it was the end of the school day, Mr. Smith stopped us.

They all sat back slowly as I did the same and waited for what he wanted to say at the same time i wouldn't dare put my eyes on my teacher's eyes.

I'd remember the drawings again and I don't want that.

"As you all knew about this coming, we are going to have a school trip for a week." once he finished, i could hear the excitement of the students behind me.

"Don't get too excited already." he rolled his eyes before walking to the first row of tables and placing a paper.

"This is the guide for the trip, make sure your parents sign them and bring them back tomorrow." the class started talking and some of them started planning what to do or some are even planning to match their clothes on the day.

Extra.

While I'm here planning to ignore the trip and stay home for a whole week, isn't that a blessing from Allah? It is to me.

"Can we bring someone with us?" A girl asked. "No".

"How about food?", "we will be giving each and everyone of you food so don't bring, but maybe you can snacks for yourself."

Just as so, they started asking unnecessary questions that made Mr. Smith ignore some of them.

What took my interest is, why is Zayn and his friends so excited about it? They don't seem like those students who are the trip types.

But I can't Judge maybe it is fun? But that's doesn't change my mind, I'm not going.

"OK class dismissed." and again, they started taking their things and leaving for their homes, in the excitement of the trip on Monday.

I sighed heavily and blinked my different colored eyes before I stood up and made my way out of the room.

But was stopped, by the last person I'd expect him to call me.

"Deena, please stay for a while, I need some help." Mr. Smith called me back as I hesitated going or not, but I had to.

Walking back the class to find Zayn still packing his stuff while Mr. Smith was cleaning or doing something on his table.

"Yes, sir.." To be honest I was scared of him, I was scared of him before the pictures, I don't like him and my heart always feels differently on him.

"I want you to place these papers on that cabinet. " he pointed out and I immediately went and did so.

Just as I walk pass Zayn, he stood up and left without a glance.

I placed the papers silently and turned around when I heard the door being shut.

"Why did you close the door," I asked him. Mr. Smith closed the door and walked closer to me as I back away from him.

"You don't have to be scared of me Deena, I just want to talk about the drawing on your notebook" I blinked.

La illaha ill Allah, this guy is after problems.

"There is nothing to talk about, the principal knows it's not me" I replied moving closer to the door.

"I know. What I'm trying to say is, how the drawing was.. Somewhat nice, don't you think?"

...

"Ya Allah, I ask you to restrain him by his neck and I seek refuge in you from his evil."

Yes, I just said that on his face but I earned a laugh.

"I'm not planning anything sweetheart, I'm just trying to make it into reality," he smirked leaning on the table.

"Mr. Smith you know that I didn't draw it and I'll never do it because I respect you and I can never do it in general!" I yelled, because what he just said something I can never do.

The drawing was enough to hint to everyone that there was something going on between us, and now he wants it true when it's fake?

"I'll pay you."

My tears were already out on my cheeks, my hands were shaking and I was sweating.

Does he think I'm a slut?

He licked his lips and was about to make his move and walk closer to me but I pushed him and run out of the room.

"Deena!"

He called for me but I didn't answer.

I started walking without looking back because I was just humiliated again, and it's all from him, from Zayn.

I Sobbed while walking fast to reach home, my breathing was heavy as I wiped the hot tears away from my eyes and cheeks that have become red for sure.

Why do I have to experience something like this in my life? Why do I have to go through this when he left, when my dad left and left me here under this haram person.

"I hate him, wallah."

•••

It was already late at night when Mr. Smith got home safely after his dinner in the restaurant.

Just as he walked into the house, the lights where off, so he goes to turn them on.

But it doesn't.

He does it again and again then tried in the living room and everywhere else, but it doesn't work.

"I paid for the electricity.."He was confused but shrugged it off and sighed, he rolled his eyes as he felt thirsty.

Obviously, he made his way to the kitchen lazily, he wasn't afraid of the dark so he was used to it.

Opening the fridge to pour himself a glass of water.

Just as he wanted to gulp it,  he was pulled back and his head hit the table behind him on the back of his head.

He groaned loud before his mouth was filled with the kitchen towel, making him choke and open his eyes to meet figures that covered their faces with weird masks.

"WH-HMH-AT! ARE YOU-AGH-DOINGHSIMS" he tried speaking but they kept kicking, punching all their anger out on him.

They punched him for about 4 or 5 minutes and soon, Mr. Smith blacked out as he was left unconscious.

They didn't leave without leaving a letter, a small sticky note on his forehead which said;

"Don't do it again"

•••

Moon: what do think? Do you have an idea of who is after that?