•42•

S I X • W E E K S • L A T E R

"Emaan, I don't know wallah." I sighed, rubbing my temple. "What the fire of jahannam do you mean by you don't know? It's finals, I thought you studied!" Emaan's glare for sure made me laugh.

"I've been there at Susan's and Emma is just so adorable that I forgot to study." I admits. The night before, where i had to study for final exams but instead i got caught with baby Emma who was so adorable and irrsistable. Ugh, mashallah just thinking of her makes me smile.

"I meant like, I don't now if I'd get them right. I had studied a bit this morning," As i explains, we had reached the cafeteria without even realizing.

"Then get your booty down here and let review a bit because I'm sure getting a D or F on science." I smiled at my crazy friend before sitting in one of the chairs and starting to review.

Emaan was smart to my surprise, I thought was those who didn't really mind getting high grades but I guess I judged a person this time, but she's so bad with science. I mean it, so bad.

It was finals, which means everyone was busy studing for their last grades, especially Me and Emaan and other kids on our class. It was our final grading and we were going to graduate so it was important to really work hard on it, obviously.

Every since i had that small visit to the hospital, i have never went back there nor saw him at all. He never attended school even though the others did, he was the one with a broken bone which was his leg.

I can't say I didn't think of him at times, I actually thought of him, if he healed or why hasn't he shared the video yet? but I wasnt going to waste my time on him, he was the last think right now and I'm actually glad I had six weeks straight without having to see him, it as actually good.

"Deena are you even listening to me?!" And yeah, I spaced out without realizing again. "Y-yeah, sorry. Where were we?" I asked looking at her pissed expression.

"As I was saying..." With a roll or an eye, she started explaining again. I was listning to her when suddenly my eyes caught a figure walking in the cafeteria.

No way.

Another figure was escorting him as he walked with the crutch with a small smile. My focus was all on him and he didn't notice it nor did he even notice me since we we're sitting on the back and he was so busy talking to the other figure which happened to be Don.

I can't believed he made it to school, its like I didn't see him for forever. He looked different I guess, his hair got longer which made him look different but his eyes was still attracting like always.

I guess he felt me watching and so he turned to meet my hetetochromian ones. I blinked and looked away when he had spaced out on me. It was awkward and I didn't like it because I could still feeling his eyes bruning on me.

For a reason my eyes looked back up to him just to find him still watching me. Both of us just kept staring, as if his eyes are trying to tell me something but i couldn't try understand it because I had started remembering that horrible night.

"So basically I'll pass this subject if i-"

"E-emaan, can we go?" I asked shuttering. "What?" But she didn't understand me. "I wanna go to my locker, I need something." I said, trying my best not to look up but when I did, I found him making his way towards me.

La illaha illa Allah, what does he want?!

"Then go get that thing and com back I'll be waiting," she but I shock my head. "No! I don't wanna sit here, come on let's go," he was slow with those clutches giving me time to managed and leave with Emaan.

I closed the book, took my bag and pulled her with out of the cafeteria.

"What the?!" Emaan was still confused over my sudden action. She turned around and saw him standing by the door and thats when she knew why.

She didn't questions it or make it a big deal but she walked with me until we we're away from him because she understand me.

•••

Ever since I saw him here, I've been trying my best to stay away from him, in class, at lunch, and when Emaan isnt with me, I tried making myself busy and in a hurry to stay away from him.

But on the other side, he's been trying to reach for me every time he sees me which gives me hard time to act normal and not running. I don't know what does he exactly want because I gave up and gonna let it go the way Allah wants it.

"I wonder why haven't my parents decide that I should have a car yet." emaan starts when silence took over us. "Maybe because your still young?" I said making her roll her eyes again.

"Keep doing that, you might find something useful instead of that dry brain of yours," and I started laughing, not on my own joke but how it had her shocked and soon she started talking in Spanish and I had to stay there waiting for her to translate whatever she said but she seemed shocked or startled.

"Bestie! olvidé mi teléfono debajo de mi escritorio!" I didn't understand anything wallah. "Yeah, I know I'm beautiful," I smiled only to earn a frown.

"Are you stupid?! My phone! I left it on my desk!" She finally translates. "Then go get it, I'll wait for you because we gotta be home early or we'll miss the drama" I said and with out waiting for a second she sprints away from me into that school again.

I just smiled looking at her disappear Inside. I'm greatful to have her, just a couple of months I used to watch all these students walk out of school smiling with their friends, having to get car rides with each other while I had with with a poker face or a frown. I guess I envied them so much, I wanted to have a friend, a real friend that I could trust, and the results of my waiting gave me Emaan and I'm never less greatful to have her.

"Deena," when my name was called, I had turned around in the thought of Emaan but u was wrong because it wasn't her.

"Zayn?"

His name fell out of my lips unfamiliarly, as if I dont know it becive been ignoring it lately.

"H-hey," he shuttered, holding on on his crutch. My eyes fell on the crutch and his leg before he had to say something else. "I can walk but I have to use these to support me from falling." Giving me a nervous smile just has me wondering why was he smiling to me.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly. I might also have got him surprised with the tone. "I-i.." I didn't know waa it hard to talk to me or was he still sick and he couldn't because all I remember was how he was oh so confident about anything who could speak to anyone with any tone he wants.

"I just wanted.. To apologize actually," from the inside, I was shocked but I couldn't show it. "About what? About bulling me? Or insulting me? Or having to the last prank that got you-"

"Can we talk?" Before I could continue, he cutts me off, typical Zayn Wilson.

"I don't wanna talk with you," I crossed my arms as my eyes started searching for Emaan because if she didn't appear I might go without her.

"Please, Deena." He begged which startled me. "Why are you begging me? Stay away from me, Zayn." And that's it, I was going.

"Deena, it's about Max."

•••

Moon:

Sorry for the late updates. I always get those days where i don't know what to write next.

(Not edited)