•31•

•••

The day she was packing for her school trip was the last time she opened her diary to write.

She wasn't that girl who writes everything that happens in her life every night before she goes to bed. She writes some of the things that happened to her oftenly and not everyday.

Everytime she feels bored she would open that book and read what she wrote before writing another story of her day or life again. She even has stories in that book, stories from her imagination and she secretly has a dream to become an author someday, someday.

But that book contains her secrets too, some of them are deep and some are just based on a sad day or a happy one she walked through but she has no hint on what page exactly was Zayn reading when she walked in and found him holding it.

"Hey!" She rushes to take it but he pulled it away from her, leaving her surprised of what he did.

"I have never felt too embarrassed in my life than how I felt when I slipped flat on my butt in front of my class room and teacher. Wallahi they don't stop laughing." Zayn started reading out loud like she wanted to hear what she wrote at the moment.

"Zayn stop!"

"The way Ms. Kristen walks around in school with that huge clivage of breast will only lead her to jahannam, astaghfiruallah! Like seriously how do you pronounce this word, Deena?" He continues and he laughs so hard while Deena was shading pink on her cheek.

"Zayn! Give me that!"

"Let me continue. I'd rather sink in that buddle of mud beside the school than eat what they offer in the cafeteria. Not like I'll eat haram food, they don't even let me stand in the line!" And with that he stopped reading and kept laughing so hard.

Deena was never this happy that he was way too busy in laughing to start searching for serious topics in the pages.

And she had to do something to get it back befo- "Salam alaiekom, Deena habibty where are you? I got something nice for dinner." Perfect.

Rudaina Ahmed didn't find more than this perfect moment to come back home and surprise her with the dinner she got.

Panicking, Deena rushes to the door to yell something.

"I'm coming mama, stay downstairs!" And she turns to deal with the haramist with her diary.

But it was too late.

They boy's body was half inside while the other aide stuck out to jump from the window. She gasped, running to grab him before he jumps but he was always quicker than her.

"Zayn! Come back here- no! Leave but give me my book!" She yelled nor caring about her mother downstairs or that fact that she was too loud.

Without even looking back at her he leaves, walking calmly as if he did not just take a girls diary.

Deena watches him with wide eyes and an opened mouth with shock. He just took her diary.

"Deen!" And again, her mother called. At the moment Deena wanted to hide in a corner and cry her eyes out but she couldn't and the fact that she was so angry was kicking the tears away and her mothers calling wasn't helping at all.

Pulling her hijab off harshly almost scratching her forehead with angry before she toke a long breath to let it out silently.

She was definitely going to call on Allah (Bismillah, allahu Akbar) and cut off his head tomorrow.

"Deena!"

"YALLAH MAMA I'M COMING JEEZ!!!"

"Astaghfiruallah! Are you swearing on me!"