•27•

•••

"Deena. Habibty, wake up already" and the voice of her loved and missed mother was heard in her deep slumber.

She flicked her eyes open to see Rudaina, greeting her with the warming smile of a mother. It made Deena instantly smile and pull her down to a hug.

"Deena!" He mother in shock of the sudden move from her daughter before smiling and laying down with her. "I missed you, mama" she smiled, "oh, habibty you have no idea how much I missed you more than you think." And they kept hugging each other and enjoying each others warm loving embrace.

Deena came back home last night late and she couldn't find her mother which was obvious that she was on her night shift so she went and took a bath before throwing herself on her long missed bed.

"You might wanna get up and change into something nice" her mother pulled away from that's when Deena noticed her mother already in a nice dress with makeup on her face.

"Are we having guest?" She asked, now sitting on her bed, feeling a slight pain from her period which didn't bother much.

"Remember the Muslim family, the indoneisan one" Deena nodded. "I invited them all for a gathering" she continues and Deena shook her head.

"Mama, their a lot" she warned. "I know. Their in a hard situation, you should've seen their street and the housese they live in, it's a disaster." She explains only leaving Deena to nod her head in agreement.

"I wanted to make Sadaqah, and their our fellow, I will be more greatful to feed them" she continues, before a sigh followed after. "Just the way your dad would always make gatherings in our house, remember?" She asked. "Yes, I do" and Deena replied.

Sadaqahmeaning - charity, is the concept of voluntary giving in Islam. Described in the Holy Qur'an as 'a beautiful loan', sadaqah 
encompasses any act of charitable giving done out of compassion, love, friendship or generosity.

The look of emotions was seen on Rudaina's face, and Deena saw it at the mention of her father.

"Now get up, or I'll have Susan to wake you up, she's downstairs" and another smile got itself on Deena's lips. "I missed her, wallah".

"She misses you more, if it isn't for her then I would have never left you sleeping until there's an hour left for the guests to come" her mother laughed at her daughter, who was stretching out laziness from her body.

"That's why I love her." Deena stood up making her mother roll her eyes. It was as of she was being jealous.

"Are you being Jealous are now?" It immediately sent Deena back to the bed laughing hard, almost choking.

"I love you, habibty" Deena told her before she left with a smile.

And right after it, the thought of the poor Indonesian family came across her mind as she made her way to the bathroom for a shower.

Her mother told her about them, their a lot but they only meet one family; a family of 8 members, three boys and four girls living in a one room apartment with their mother. Their father wasn't with them because left just like Deena's father left, he left the mother to take care of 2 children of their own and 6 orphan.

Once you see their life, you might start crying and notice how much of a healthy life you are living. Someone people don't notice what they have because what they want and need is leaving them blind of what they have and they stay ungreatful.

Deena's mother invited the whole apartment because they were all in the same situation, in need of clothes, food and the least Rudaina could afford at the moment.