•14•

•••

As soon as she gets home, she goes straight to her room.

She throws her hijab off and laid herself on the bed, hugging her pillow and wrapping herself in her blanket.

Her heart always aches but this time it was really painful.

How could someone so easily and possibly ask a woman something like this?

She blinked and her eyes were covered with warm tears already.

The thought had her hurting so bad. Her throat was dry but face already stained as she sniffed.

It was all from Zayn, if he haven't embarrassed her with the drawing then this wouldn't happen.

The night where he brought her back home, her mother hugged her as if she was away for years and not just hours.

She scolded her and became over protective to the point where she send Deena to Susan house when she's on her over nights.

Deena asked the principal to not say anything to her mother when they found out that it was Zayn and his friend's.

They didn't even give them that big of a punishment but just a month of detention.

No one would blame the principal for that, zayn and his friends they've been into detention as if its their major classes and nothing can do because their just themselves and themselves can do more.

They had a lot of punishments in the school that the school doesn't know what else to give them as a punishments and the fact Zayn's mother and the principle knew each other very well and always helps zayn to not get expelled from school.

But Deena wasn't complaining at all, because Allah will always take the part where he takes the revenge of anyone in need.

He doesn't want us to take our revenge ourselves but He asks as to pray and leave it on him.

But what Mr. Smith just did was something awful. Deena isn't and will never be a woman that can easily sell her body to someone.

"Deena?"

The soft voice of her mother was heard when the click of the door was heard.

Deena sniffed her red nose as she cleared her throat and replied.

"Yes, mama" she didn't turn to her but the way she sound made it obvious.

Rudaina made her way to her only daughter and sat on her bed.

"Habibty, what's wrong?" She asked rubbing her small back as she faces the other way.

"Nothing, mama"

Deena didn't want to tell her what happened. Like she'd come up to her mother and tell her her teacher was asking for something she wouldn't even want to name it.

"Come on Deena, did someone hurt you at school?" She asked but Deena shook her head while tears run down.

"Are you on your period?" She asked again but Deena shook her head, but Deena needed her mother right now.

Turning to her, Deena wrapped herself around her mother and cried on her more making her mother laugh at the childish daughter she had.

"What's wrong with my daughter? What's wrong with the little angel of my heart?" The simple words fluttered Deena who was in deep pain.

"Now tell me." she gestured her to speak and with heavy heart Deena opened her mouth and spoke.

"I just- I miss baba" and with another blink, she cried more.

It immediately ached Rudaina because Deena was her daughter and the daughter of her long gone husband that she loved.

"I missed him too" she held her closer and greeted her with a warm hug.

She rubbed her back and kissed her softly, while Deena kept crying on her mother's scented chest.

"Deena habibty. You don't cry when you miss him, it's ok to cry but always pray for him when you feel the need of him, when you miss him just pray to Allah that your father in Ferdous"

(The highest of the degrees of Paradise in Islam is al-Ferdous)

Deena nodded with tears lingering on her heterochromian eyes.

"Yallah, go take your Wudu and pray for him." she gestured her to stand up and Deena did as told.

Entering the bathroom and closing the door behind her. Leaving her mother in the room alone in the thoughts of her husband.

"Allah yerham"

(May Allah have mercy on him)

•••

Deena stopped on her step when she was near to enter her classroom, Mr. Smith's room.

At the loud noises of her classmates, it was obvious that he wasn't in class yet.

She hesitated to enter but did it anyway.

I'm not supposed to be scared of anything or anyone but Allah.

She walked in and to her luck, he wasn't there so she fastened her speed and sat on her seat, not glancing at anyone else.

She sighed and thanked her Allah before she felt someone standing right in front of her and when she looks up, it was Max.

A smile crept on her lips while he had it already from ear to ear.

"Do you believe in love at first right? Or should I pass by you again?" It made her laugh a bit but she stopped it as soon as she saw Zayn entering the class.

Max had a satisfied smile on and following after his friends who came and pushed him away to the back of the room.

And then, the school coach walked and closed the door but as usual no one gave attention.

"I'm not going to beat around the Bush so ill be clear. Shut the fuck up" and for once thay all actual stopped.

"Mr. Smith or should I name him your homeroom teacher is in the hospital." gasps and sighs were heard from behind Deena while she was there dump founded.

"A bunch of guys with weird masks came and had him bitten last night, that's what he said" Deena blinked and waited for him to continue and everyone did the same.

"So I'll be going with you to the one week school trip"

Deena looked down on herself and gulped hard.

She was the last one in his room yesterday, what if someone heard their conversation and thinks its her who did it?

She looked behind her to see if anyone is looking at her as She founds some talking to eachother or others spacing out until her eyes laid on Zayn and his friend's when they did a high five.

She looks at Zayn and finds him smirking secretly. Her eyes kept lingered on him until he noticed her looking.

"Your face looks like god or whatever you call Allah sneezed out red pepper while he was creating you, look away pepper face." He rolled his hazel eyes with an irritated expression.

Again, he was making fun of her freckles making his friends laugh at her as she rolled her eyes and looked in front.

I bet it's not him.

•••

Moon: last ten days of Ramadan🌙

edited!!