•51•

•••

I blinked, I blinked several times, I blinked but kept it shut right after a blink. I wasn't ready to know that I was dead or maybe I wasn't, because the feeling of arms wrapped around me made me feel like I'm still alive.

My hand reached to grab a hold on the person but my hand slipped so I had to tighten my grip on the person, then I knew the person was wet. I shivered and pulled the person closer to bring warmth to my body as I shook like crazy, I was shivering from the cold and I know I was wet and still alive.

"Deena..." I recognized the persons' voice immediately, I couldn't believe it at first because I know he's not really there.

Max left and will never come back but my heart still thinks of him as if he was still there, he was still there to hold me. Maybe if he was still here then I knew he would save me without hesitating and when my eyes finally opened, I knew I was right about hearing Max's voice when he wasn't here.

It was Zayn.

"Thank God for your awake." The heavy breath he let out seemed as if he has been holding it for so long and he held me closer just so I notice that I was wrapped in my hijab.

I froze completely. I didn't know where was I until looked at the window behind him, that's when I noticed my position.

I was on his lap.

And so I moved but he stopped me but that didn't stop me from trying more, I wasn't up for more sins at all. Saying hamdulilallah isn't enough to describe how happy that Allah didn't give up on me yet, but he refused and held me close with a strong grip.

"Deena, just please don't move and let this be." That's when I stopped when he told me to stop. "I have no intention on doing anything bad to you but just give it a five-minute rest, you just woke up."

He was right, my head was aching and I was thirsty as if I haven't drunk a lot of water just a minute or an hour ago. So I let it be and give up on trying, I wasn't that powerful to move that much either, I was drained out of energy and the fact that I was on his lap without my hijab and his big hands are secured around me tightly bothered me but I could make it a move.

"Where is axel?" But that all didn't stop me from asking. He took a couple of breaths before answering. "Away from us." That was enough to make me feel safe and I gulped.

I lifted my eyes to meet his, that's when I find him with wet hair and his clothes were wet too. "Why are you wet too?" I asked as he looked down at me. He sent me a chuckle, before blowing air out. "I jumped in too," then I blinked.

I couldn't believe what I heard, or maybe I'm overreacting, maybe he was swimming too, right? There's no way he would jump into the cold water for me.

"Did you jump... To for me?" I hesitated to ask but I did anyway and as our eyes locked with each other, I couldn't find a reason why not ask him. "I jumped to save you," that was the point I lost control of my heart, I got lost in his eyes and I didn't know what to do next.

I don't know what's happening to me, why am I overreacting? Why is my heart overreacting? I can't take this feeling right now, I'm not used to this feeling anymore, the same feeling I felt whenever Max was there but this was more unbearable, was it?

I suddenly flinched at the thought of the feeling and moved off of his lap to sit on my seat. My eyes examined the area, we were still beside the lake but in his car. I need to leave, I needed to leave. I don't even know how I let myself get near him this close.

Why did he save me?

"Are you ok?" He asked and I nodded immediately letting my hair move with the movement of my head that's when I realized I was still uncovered.

"I need to leave..." I replied covering my hair with my hands as I nervously held the door to unlock it and leave. "Hey, hey, hey, wait. Where do you think you going?" He stopped me by holding my hands and I nervously shook it away from me. "I can't stay here." I needed to leave as fast as possible because I could stand the feeling of being with him.

He looked at me as if I have lost my mind, maybe I actually did after the water I drank. "Listen, let me drive you to a store and I get you some dry clothes and I'll drop you home." He tried convincing me and he was right. What was I going to tell my mom about my wet self? About my scarf? I'd give her a heart attack.

"Ok?" But he waited for me. "O-ok." And I agreed.

As soon as i said that, he runs out of the car to get to the driver's seat while I lay there, helpless of myself and what happened to me. He started the engine and we left the scene to the closest cloth store as I thought of my life again.

I thought I'd die, the moment I couldn't fight with the water anymore, I thought it was the end but it wasn't. Allah gave me a second chance and I grateful, I just realized how blessed I was with my life. When I graduated high school, all I thought was my life will change to the better but after this, I think was wrong, I'll still be the miserable Deena.

Then this happened, and I realize that my soul and life was worth it, was worth the fight and I'm not giving up anytime soon.

Everything happened a for a reason, Allah will never do something to hurt me but he'd do it to teach me and I know this lesson was to realize I was wanted and loved.

My soul was wanted by Allah, the most merciful.

Subhanna'allah.

•••

Updated!! Hope you enjoy it.