•11•

•••

"Deena"

"Habibty, wake up"

"Deena..."

"DEENA!"

"WHAT?!"

Her eyes widened as she looked at her mother in shock.

"You're late for school and I'm late for work because I'm here waking you up! Wake up, Ya Allah!"

Late for school?

Eyes glancing at the school just to find it at 8:30, she stumbled up and run to the bathroom.

"Why didn't you wake me up, mama!" She yelled throughout the closed doors of the bathroom.

"Wallah? You're putting the blame on me?" Crossing her arms, Rudaina stopped cleaning her daughter's bed, after that.

I'm not doing her bed.

"I wasn't the one away from home till midnight saying that i had to see the moon from the lake at night. Do you know how dangerous that is?!" but as a mother, she'd forget her statement and started cleaning her bed again.

"B-but, the moon was so beautiful a-and I'm a moon child"

Wow, Deena, Moonchild? Really.

"Whatever you say but don't dare do it again! understood?!"

"Yes mama!" soon, Deena came out of the bathroom and run up to her closet and realization hit her when she sees her mother sitting on her bed, with crossed legs.

"Why are you here, don't you have work?" She asked and her mother nodded. "I'll be going by 9:30." nodding in understanding before she threw whatever clothes on herself before wrapping a hijab on her head.

Wearing her shoes in speed while her mother watched her daughter stumble into the room.

"Mommy! I'm off, Allah Hafiz!" And with that, she runs out of the house.

Leaving her mother crack a laugh.

"Alhamdulillah"

She's thanking God for having a daughter like Deena.

•••

Meanwhile.

Deena was stumbling out of the house as she closed the door and walked in a speed motion.

Hoping she'd get there before the test come.

"Ya Allah, why now!?" Frustratedly jogging towards the direction of the school.

As she walks, she'd always have to pass by Susan's house to go to the school. And as normal as ever she walked the same way she does every day.

But to her bad luck, a familiar Jeep. It was the same Black Jeep she rode in the night before.

"No.."

It was Zayn's car, Mr. Bailey; Susan's husband was leaning on the window, obviously talking to the driver and the driver was obviously Zayn.

Her legs didn't stop moving as she held her bag tightly at the same time, thinking of another way to go to school.

If she has to walk past them, then Zayn will notice her, and Mr. Bailey will do too, so she has to take the other street and act as if she didn't know them.

Just as her feet moved to the other side,

"Good morning, Deena!"

Mr. Bailey called for her.

She stopped on her steps and sighed heavily in disappointing.

"Good morning, Mr. Bailey" she faked a smile, almost as a nervous smile, while Mr. Bailey had a bright one, he always does.

But Deena's fake one drop the moment Zayn popped his head out and smirk at her.

"Thank your mom for the lasagna." he waved and she awkwardly smiled and nodded at him. "I will!" The fact that Zayn was smirking at her ever since he popped out his head made her wonder, why isn't he moving.

Ya Allah, I'm late!

So she walked passed them and continues on her way to school but, that was never easy when Zayn was there.

"Hey.." He was moving his car behind her, waiting for her to turn.

"Want a ride to school?" He asked and that was enough to make her roll her eyes.

"Like I'll be accepting any offer from you, Iblis" she mumbled.

And the loud, shocking sound of his honk made her jump and glare back to him.

"Do you think I'll accept your fake offers? How do I know you're not trying to kidnap me and kill me??" She angrily spat before starting to walk again.

"If I wanted then I could do it" he chuckled. She ignored him and kept walking, it irritated him a bit.

So he moved his car closer to her side.

"Get your ass in here, I won't hurt you" he started. She gave it a second to stare and admire his features and the best of it was his honey eyes.

"Do you see the work 'Dump' on my forehead? I don't want to ride with you." crossing her arms she glared at him with her green and brown heterochromian eyes.

"I'm doing this for your sake and not mine." he sighed hard. "Why would you do something for my sake?!" She scoffed loud enough for him to hear.

"Because you don't want to be stuck in detention with me"

She stopped and thought of it, and she earned a smile from him because he knows she'll probably hop in.

"Or do you?" Licking his lips, he leaned back in the seats.

The thought of riding with him scares her and the fact that she'll get to detention which she'll be stuck with him for hours if she got even later than that scares her even more.

She sighed heavily, one of the sighs you sigh out of annoyances, knowing he was right.

"I'll kill you this time if you try anything, Wilson" hopping in which made his smile in victory.

"Yeah, like with rocks?" He chuckled making her put on her seat belts which he was wearing and started the drive as she whispered;

"O Allah, I seek refuge in You lest I misguide others, or I am misguided by others, lest I cause others to err I am caused to err, lest I abuse others or be abused, and lest I behave foolishly or meet with the foolishness of others."

at the mention of foolishness, her eyes meet his side profile and the way his fingers rubbed his lips gently, while the other on the starring wheel.

It was quite terrifying.

•••

The school bell just ranged, and to her surprise, it was actually a normal day.

Zayn hasn't annoyed her ever since they parted ways, he left to his friends while Deena left to her locker as if they didn't know each other or just rode in the car together.

It felt weird to live like this but it was better than living in a hell.

Maybe he gave up?

She thought.

Or maybe because she said her prayers and placed Allah before anyone else.

•••

Moon: update! Don't forget to vote and comment