1. 6 Years Later

A/N: Before you begin reading this book, I thought I would put in a little author's note. This book is part of a series. There are 2 other books before this.

Book 1: Always You

Book 2: Fighting Fate

You will find them both in my works on my profile. I would recommend reading those before this one to get some background knowledge on the characters. If you don't want to read those, it is completely fine. You will most likely catch on. Thank you all for choosing to read 'Together Or Apart'. 

*

"Hailey, you're looking great tonight."

"How are the kids?"

"Look over here. Give us a smile."

"Tell us something about Harry's new album. When is it dropping?"

"Will Harry be joining you tonight?"

I keep my head lowered and my hand over my face as cameras are placed near me a little too close for comfort. The bright flashes coming from the cameras makes it almost impossible to see the path in front of me. Basically going in blind, I finally find the door that leads to the restaurant and I pull it. 

Thankfully it opens because I was so worried it was a door I had to push, not pull. It would have been caught on camera and I know it would have made the headlines tomorrow.

Hailey Hayes does not know how to read the 'push' sign.

She's pushed out two of Harry Styles' kids, but she cannot push open a door.

The second one makes me laugh to myself. When the door closes behind me I look up and am greeted with a young girl at the front of the restaurant.

"Good evening, table for one?" She sends me a kind smile.

"Hi, I'm meeting a friend. I think he's already seated."

She turns around and looks at everyone sitting down. "Uh, what was the reservation under?"

I look around the restaurant and my eyes scan over the different people seated. I see a man indulging into a pasta of some sort and it looks amazing. Maybe I'll order boscaiola tonight. My eyes land on Max and that's when my mind breaks away from the thought of food. Breast feeding increases my appetite. That's my excuse for eating so much, anyway.

"I can see him, thank you" I smile at her as I step past her and walk over to where Max is sitting. Max is dressed in a black long sleeved shirt and his black hair is slicked back. He always dresses well.

"Well don't I have a date with the most handsome man in the room" I lean over Max's shoulder and hug him from behind whilst placing a kiss on his cheek. "It's fine, stay seated." I say when he is about to stand.

Max has a wide grin on his face and after I place my bag on the floor under the table, he reaches out to me and takes my hands into his.

"When I have dinner with you Hailey Hayes, I feel all flustered because I think the men are checking me out but it's actually you."