Happy Birthday

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

Iris Potter was a thoroughly strange girl in many ways. For one thing, she hated the summer holidays more than any other time of year. For another, she really wanted to do her homework but was forced to do it in secret with her brother, in the dead of night. And she also happened to be a witch.

That night Harry was attempting to write his History of Magic essay on "Witch Burning in the Fourteenth Century Was Completely Pointless," though he couldn't remember anything they had learned about it so he had turned to their school books for help. At the moment, he was flipping aimlessly through 'A History of Magic', trying to find anything that could help.

"You should try page 173," Iris whispered in her soft voice, peeking her head out from under the covers where she had been reading a book detailing how to do advanced charmwork. Harry whispered back his thanks and started flipping to the page Iris mentioned.

Iris was a legilimens. She had spent her whole life listening to other peoples voices in her head, thinking she was crazy until she went to Hogwarts, where Dumbledore explained her ability. Whereas most had to learn legilimency, Iris was born with a great aptitude for the skill so it came naturally to her.

The twins' thirteenth birthday was the next day, and every time Iris looked in the mirror, she was mesmerized by how much she and Harry had grown over the years.

Her brother's hair was still dark and messy as always, though he had grown a few inches within the last year. His emerald green eyes continued to get recognition as their mother's. And the scar shaped like a lightning bolt on his forehead was as prominent as ever.

Iris, though older than Harry by sixteen minutes, had always been the smaller twin, with a height of 152.4 centimetres tall. Harry constantly teased her about it, as he was 8 centimetres taller, and it bothered her to no end.

Her rib-length dark brown hair occasionally showed her mother's genes during the sunny months where it turned a deep auburn.

Her eyes, which were a stunning hazel, matched her father, James Potter's.

And her face was round but soft and kind, nearly an exact replica of the late Lily Potter's.

Though one difference between the two women's faces was evident, as she, like her brother, had a lightning scar at the edge of her forehead.

Of all the odd things about the twins, these scars were perhaps the most unusual, and they came with a story to tell. One that involved a dark wizard named Voldemort, and the death of their parents.

The twins had ended up encountering Voldemort again for the past two years, once on the back of their Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers' head, and the second time possessing Ginny Weasley as his younger self.

The danger that tended to occur anytime the Potters' were around left Iris to only wonder what tragic events would happen this year?

Perhaps someone would steal all of the shoes at Hogwarts, as they seem to have already started with Iris' friend Luna.