Just A Raving, Murderous Lunatic

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

As the Hogwarts Express bleated its horn, Parents hurried their children onboard, tiny siblings waved goodbyes... and Mrs Weasley dashed through the throng and up to an open train window. She was holding Scabbers tightly in her hands.

"Ron!" she called for him.

She handed Scabbers through the open window to him, "Don't lose him!"

The aisle was teeming with students. Iris, Harry, Ron and Hermione worked their way down the aisle, looking for an empty compartment.

"I didn't mean to blow her up. I just..." Harry paused in his story, "... lost control."

"Brilliant!" Ron grinned.

"Honestly, Ron, it's not funny. Harry's lucky he wasn't expelled," Hermione lectured, while Iris nodded her head along in agreement.

"I think I was lucky not to be arrested, actually," Harry commented, looking through compartment windows for an empty one.

"I still think it was brilliant."

SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! A copy of The Monster Book of Monsters scuttled crab-like down the aisle, pursued by Neville Longbottom, a very kind boy, and friend of the four's, in their year.

"Hi, Iris. Harry. Ron. Hermione," Neville greeted as he rushed past.

"Hi, Neville," the four said. As he bumped past, Hermione nodded to a compartment.

"C'mon. Everywhere else is full," Hermione opened the door to the compartment with only one person seated inside.

As they slipped inside, they got a better look at the person and observed him as a man in shabby robes and he was slumped against the window, asleep.

He looked ill, exhausted. The quartet eyed him warily.

"Who d'you reckon he is?" Ron whispered.

"Professor R.J. Lupin," Iris and Hermione said in sync, sitting down. Iris took the seat directly across from the new teacher, inspecting him.

"You both know everything. I get how Iris knows everything, but how is it Hermione always knows everything?" Ron demanded.

"It's on his case," Hermione pointed.

Stamped in peeling letters on a battered case was 'Professor R.J. Lupin.'

While they spoke, Iris took Buttercup out of her cat carrier and placed the cat gently in her lap.

"Is he really asleep?" Harry questioned.

"Seems to be. Why? What is it, Harry?" Hermione answered, but the closer Iris looked at the man, the more she doubted that statement.

"I've got to tell you something," Harry said closing the door as Ron and Hermione exchanged a curious glance.

⌗ ⌗ ⌗