Reunion of the Star-Crossed Lovers

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

"Wake up, Iris!"

The said girl groaned, rolling over and burying her head under the soft pillow on the bed the Weasleys gave her.

The warm blankets were suddenly ripped off of her body making Iris gasp and sit up to glare at the culprit only to find her best friend, Hermione, grinning down at her.

"Hermione! Did you just get here?"

Hermione nodded as the two girls collided in an excited hug.

"I already woke up Ginny, I'm gonna go get the boys now," Hermione said, walking toward the door, "Get dressed, Mrs Weasley says breakfast is almost ready."

After Hermione left, Iris hurriedly got dressed and grabbed her rucksack before hopping down the stairs gleefully.

She sat at the Weasley's long wooden table and waited a few minutes for the rest of the group to come downstairs. Hermione joined her with Ginny just a moment after Iris had sat, and they waited while they ate breakfast, discussing their excitement about the Cup until the boys all arrived.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes as her father sat down at the table.

"We've got a bit of a walk," Mr Weasley answered.

"Walk?" asked Harry, "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away," said Mr Weasley, smiling. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup..."

Soon after they finished breakfast, the Weasleys and company were out the door and on their way to some mystery location only Mr Weasley knew about. Iris walked beside her brother and Ron, with Hermione and Ginny just a couple steps ahead.

"Where are we actually going?" Harry asked Ron.

The ginger boy shrugged, "Don't know," he then yelled up ahead of them to Mr Weasley, "Hey Dad! Where are we going?"

Mr Weasley turned and glanced at them for a second before continuing to march onward, calling, "Haven't the foggiest, keep up!"

They hiked through the forest for another few minutes before Iris heard a voice ring out from up ahead, "Arthur! It's about time son!"

He chuckled. Iris' brows furrowed for a second, her mind searching, before her eyes widened dramatically. She walked faster, going past the other kids as Mr Weasley spoke back to the man.

"Sorry, Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start. This is Amos Diggory, everyone, he works with me at the ministry," Mr Weasley introduced the man.