Bitter Memories

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

Days passed after that initial encounter with the other Shielded and in that time, Kai and Khalee had begun to teach her how to control herself and her newly-explained powers. They gave her the Shielded 101 on how to produce their most defining feature— their shields. They were strong; the equivalent of the Protego charm with a bit more kick and more solid. As well as being much easier to produce as they came directly from their own hands, often by pure instinct, though with practice Iris was told that she would be able to summon a shield at will every time.

Another interesting fact Iris had learned is that each set of twins had a unique colour associated with them. For instance, Khalee and Kai's colour was electric blue and Audrey and Mira's was purple. Iris had made the discovery that her own colour was red— which explained a lot of things.

Since she had returned to Hogwarts, Dumbledore had taken up training her daily, teaching her every variation of duelling possible. He wasn't babying Iris— something she learned pretty quickly. The elder guardian wanted her to be prepared for the worst at any moment, and though the endless learning of new spells and constant duels against Dumbledore was wearing her down, Iris was grateful for it, knowing he was right to be worried.

During her breaks, however, Iris would wander the castle in search of any form of entertainment. She often talked to the ghosts that roamed throughout Hogwarts or the hundreds of paintings that lined its walls. Iris found them all beyond knowledgable, with countless tales to tell from their years spent in the castle.

On that particular day though, Iris ventured into a different area in Hogwarts. The kitchens were a spot she hadn't stepped foot into in quite a while. The brunette came to a stop before a large painting of a fruit bowl and stood motionless for a moment as memories echoed through her ears.

"Y'know, when I agreed to go on a date with you I kinda thought I would actually be able to see you," Iris laughed.

Cedric joined in on her laughter, "We're almost there," he said moments before stopping in place.

Iris frowned as she reached out and tickled the pear in the painting. The fruit released a little giggle before turning into a handle for Iris to grab. She turned it and stepped inside, the familiar setting of the Hogwarts kitchen glistening cleanly in front of her.

The room was emptier than usual, which Iris suspected was due to it being the Summer holiday and hence the need for house-elves was lower. However, only seconds after she had entered the room, a high pitched speak sounded along with a call of, "Miss Issy Potter!"

A tiny body bulldozed into her legs moments later and Iris looked down, chuckling, "Hi Dobby, it's good to see you again."

The house-elf was practically bouncing on his toes as he stared up at her with his huge eyes, "Oh Dobby is so happy to see Issy Potter! Dobby has missed his friend!" He reached up and grabbed her hand, eagerly pulling her over to the side of the kitchen where there were a few round wooden tables. As they approached, Dobby called out, "Look Tinky! Miss Issy Potter has come to visit!"