Development

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

"Queenie! What are you doing here?" Iris asked in surprise.

Queenie let out a tinkling laugh as she walked down the steps and towards Iris, "Well after I got your letter, I spoke to Mr Dumbledore here about me coming to the castle for a bit during your holiday break!"

She scooped Iris up into a big hug, swaying her back and forth as the two girls beamed.

"My, you've grown so much since I last saw you, you're nearly as tall as me!" Queenie observed her, "now what's this I hear about a boy?" She winked playfully.

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

"I think, and maybe you'll agree with me Mr Dumbledore, that we need to try something new? I've never heard of someone being able to go through the consciousness of an object," Queenie suggested.

The three of them had been sitting in Dumbledore's office for a while, discussing Iris' development with her legilimency powers.

Dumbledore looked concerned while in deep thought, "What do you have in mind?"

Queenie, who was sitting on the loveseat next to Iris, patted her hand gently, "Well, the doors seem to be working, yes? We just need to work on not letting everyone in at once."

She seemed to notice the look of hesitation on Iris' face and spoke softly, "I'm only gonna be here for today, and I've never seen Hogwarts ya' know. Why don't we go on a walk and you can show me around, hm honey?"

Iris agreed, wanting to spend as much time with Queenie as possible before she had to leave, and just a few minutes later the pair were strolling down one of the many corridors, arm in arm.

"This is Professor McGonagall's office," Iris explained, gesturing to one of the large doors they were walking past.

"And is she in there right now?" Queenie challenged.

Iris paused for a moment, "No."

Queenie smiled down at her, "Good! So where is she?"

Iris stared at her incredulously, "You want me to find her? The castle is huge- I've only ever been able to do that with Harry," she protested.

Queenie gently pulled her off to the side of the corridor, in front of a large window overlooking the grounds and Black Lake. Snow was gently floating down from the puffy dark clouds hanging low in the sky, leaving a coating of ice and snow over the large expanse of grass.

"Iris honey, I want you to look out there at the world and I want you to focus on all the little snowflakes falling down from the sky," Queenie walked behind Iris and gently placed her hands on her shoulders as they watched outside.

"I want you to imagine that every one of those snowflakes is a different person, unique, going at a different pace. Now, you're the wind, guiding each snowflake, influencing its' path, and if you're gentle enough, carrying them far across the field."