When I See You Again

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

A great buzzing queue of students, Third Years and older, each clutching a permission form passed by a glowering Filch.

"Remember! These visits to Hogsmeade Village are a privilege. Should your behaviour reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again," Professor McGonagall warned.

"Go on Harry, do it now," Iris urged her brother forward, giving him a shove.

Harry stumbled and sent a look back at Iris, who was following him with a smirk, before continuing toward the teacher, but before he could utter a syllable, Professor McGonagall started speaking.

"No permission form. No visiting the Village. That's the rule, Potter."

"Yes, Professor, but I thought if you said I could go--"

Professor McGonagall cut in, "But I don't say so. A parent or guardian must sign, and since I am neither, it would be inappropriate."

A flicker of pity went through her face.

"I'm sorry, Potter. But that's my final word."

Ron and Hermione, who were watching Harry and Iris expectantly from across the way, saw them turn and shake their heads. Their faces fell. Harry raised his hand in farewell and watched them go.

"I'm sorry Harry, I really wish you could go," Iris said with a frown on her face.

She would have faked the signature herself if she didn't know the permission form had an anti-forging spell on it.

"I'll stay back with you, it's fine, I'm sure I won't be missing out on much," Iris tried, but Harry waved his hand at her and said,

"No no, I'll be fine, you go have fun," he mustered up a smile but Iris knew it was fake.

Seeing the doubtful expression on her face he reassured her, "I'm serious, go enjoy yourself. Just bring me back loads of stuff-- and you can tell me all about it when you get back."

"Oh, alright... but I'm not happy about it," she said, bringing him into a tight hug.

"I'll see you at the Halloween feast tonight, okay?" Iris confirmed.

Harry's head nodded into her shoulder.

With a sad smile, they released each other and Iris stepped back turning and walking off toward Ron and Hermione who were waiting for her.

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

The trio of friends soon reached Hogsmeade and stood, staring in wonder at the small village.

Their first stop, at Iris's request, was Honeydukes.

There were shelves upon shelves of the most succulent-looking sweets imaginable.