Forget Me Not

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

On Friday morning, just a couple of days after the assembly, Iris was walking down the corridor on her way to the Great Hall for lunch. Her dark hair bounced in sync with her jubilant steps and she would smile at people as she passed, most of the time getting a smile back.

The kind witch was just rounding a corner when a muscular arm slipped around her waist and a familiar presence joined her. The arm tugged on her side, spinning her backwards and into their chest.

"Why hello there, sir," Iris said, grinning up at her boyfriend as her hands came up to rest on either side of his Hufflepuff tie.

Cedric was beaming, the corners of his eyes crinkling, "Hello beautiful."

And then he pulled his right arm out from behind him. In his hand was a flourishing bouquet of tiny sky blue flowers making Iris gasp.

"Oh Cedric, they're lovely!"

He handed them to her, grinning from ear-ear, "They're forget-me-nots. Will you, Iris Potter, do me the honour and be my date to the Yule Ball?"

Iris pretended to think for a moment before telling him, "Yes, I would love to!" She lifted up to the tips of her toes to kiss him softly.

The pair couldn't pull the smiles from their faces as Cedric offered her his arm, continuing on to Iris' previous destination of the Great Hall. Iris had the bouquet shoved practically up her nose as she smelled the blue flowers, one hand in Cedric's. They were so happy, and so in love. They didn't need anything but each other, the company and his hand in hers were more than enough to tell one another everything that needed to be said. Iris had never felt like this before, but she loved the feeling of being in love. He made her feel safe. And happy, things she hadn't felt in so long.

When they walked into the Great Hall and started heading for the Hufflepuff table, Iris heard a whisper of a thought bump into her mind. Her vision narrowed in on the culprit almost immediately and as she and Cedric reached his friends, she took the opportunity to take a seat next to Issac.

The dark-haired boy was staring over towards the Ravenclaw table in front of him, not noticing as Iris looked at him, waiting. She tucked her hair behind her ear as she observed him, the hint of a smile pulling at her mouth.

"You should ask him to the ball," she suggested quietly.

Issac jumped, turning to Iris with wide eyes. "What?!"

She grabbed a sandwich off of a golden platter in front of them, repeating herself, "The boy you've been staring at – you should ask him to the ball."

Her boyfriend's best friend spluttered before sighing heavily, "But I don't even know if I'm his type."

Iris took a bite of her sandwich and looked across and down the Ravenclaw table to where a cute Beauxbatons boy was sitting, eating with his friends. She stared at him for a minute before she hummed and gave Issac a thumbs up, speaking through the food in her mouth, "You're good."