Pre-Summer Dates

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

After they had sneaked back into the Hospital Wing the four friends reunited, telling their tales of time-travel. Completely worn out from their adventures they all quickly crashed, falling asleep immediately.

The next morning when she woke up, Iris found a visitor sitting in the chair placed next to her bed.

"Well hey there, sleeping beauty," Cedric said quietly, grinning at Iris.

"Hey," Iris said in a groggy voice, looking around the room. Harry, Hermione, and Ron were all still asleep, "What time is it?"

"Around nine. I came down as soon as I heard you were in the hospital wing. I grabbed you something to eat on the way," he said, handing her a blueberry muffin.

Iris could practically feel her mouth watering at the sight of food. She was starving after all that running around they did that last night. She sat up eagerly, swinging her legs over the side of the cot so her knees were almost touching his. Iris scooted over and patted the mattress beside her, telling him to sit there.

"Thank you so much! I said it once, and I'll say it again, you are the best," Iris said before digging into the muffin.

Cedric sat next to her, chuckling lightly at the remark. He waited for her to finish eating while they spoke quietly to one another.

Iris' eyes shifted back and forth between his, "Y'know, I've never quite felt this way before."

"What, a broken arm?"

She snorted, holding back a laugh as she was trying not to wake the others in the room, "No." Iris reached out and wrapped her small hand around his larger one, "You. I've never felt the way I do about you before... and you could have any girl you wanted --"

Cedric cut her off with a laugh causing her to look at him in disbelief, a grin pulling up her lips.

"What? You can't tell me you haven't noticed practically every girl in the castle drools over you."

He ran his thumb over the back of her hand, looking softly into her eyes with a smile, "Ever since I met you nobody else is worth thinking about.

Iris' face burned and she looked down, failing to hold back a smile. Cedric's hand reached out and lifted her head back up, both of them leaning closer to one another.

Her cheek leaned into his touch as they moved in, just about to meet...

A loud sudden snore broke through the silence of the room, startling the two as they whipped around to see what it was. They found Ron rolling over in his sleep leaving the two to groan as the moment was ruined.

"Seriously, again?" Cedric complained.

Iris giggled as he ran his hand over his face before standing.