Godfather

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

Iris stepped out of the cold, shivering and rubbing her hands together in an attempt to get some sort of warmth back. She looked around the room as the cold slowly seeped away.

As her eyes met their target her face broke into a grin and her feet carried her over to the small round table in the corner.

"Hey!" she greeted, sliding into the chair across from the sandy-haired fifth-year boy.

He looked up at her and beamed widely, "Hey! I went ahead and ordered drinks for us, I hope you don't mind." He pushed a large mug of a steaming frothy drink toward her.

"Oh, yes! I am freezing" Iris said taking a big gulp of her butterbeer. She shivered as felt warmer instantly.

They sat at that little table in the corner for what seemed like hours, doing nothing more than talking. They didn't need anything else, for in that moment their minds connected with the words they spoke, telling the story of their hearts.

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

"So, how've your O.W.L. classes been so far? I hear they're rather difficult," said Iris.

"I think I've been doing pretty good. They are quite tiring though, the professors are giving us loads of homework. I'll be glad to get them over with. I have my career advice session scheduled for after winter break," Cedric said smiling excitedly at Iris.

"That's exciting! Do you have any idea of what you want to do when you leave Hogwarts?"

"I'm thinking either an Herbologist or maybe a Magizoologist. I have always loved learning about the magical creatures. What about you? What do you want to do when you leave?"

"Oh, I don't know.. maybe a Healer. Or a professor. I like the idea of helping people." said Iris grinning shyly.

Cedric reached across the table and took her hand in his, "Well, I think you'd be great at that," he told her softly.

A minute or two later Iris asked, "Do you think you could grab me another butterbeer while I go to the loo real quick?"

"Sure, no problem."

Cedric grabbed her empty mug and stood up. The second he had turned and started walking away, Iris stood and quickly made her way across the room to the other back corner, where there was a small, table between the wall and an impressively large Christmas tree, which stood next to the fireplace.

Sat at the table were none other than her brother and two best friends, holding three foaming tankards of hot butterbeer.

The three liked like deer in headlights.

"Hey, guys! Harry, you need to chill, I could hear your thoughts like you were yelling them across the room. You're loud when you're mad."

"Well, it's not my fault you decided to go on a date and not tell me about it," said Harry hotly. "And then, to make it worse, you two started making eyes at each other and I had to sit here and watch."