℉☼υԻ

Sitting on a bench outside of the school, Dan tugged on the pleats of his skirt; tired of the cold and his cheeks aching from smiling too much.

In a quick and almost drunk looking, Peej's black truck came around the corner to Dan's left turning into the school's parking loop like a maniac. PJ pulled up in front of the boy and opened the passenger side door. "Want some candy? Little boy?"

"Shove it up your ass." Dan stood up and jumped into the car, shutting the door behind him.

Peej giggled, poping the shift into drive. He fluttered his eyelashes in an almost pleading puppy dog way. "Can I shove it up your ass?"

"You are disgusting, Peej. How the hell are we friends."

PJ just laughed in response, keeping his emerald eyes glued to the road in front of him.

"God Peej," Dan said flipping down PJ's visor, running his fingers through his curls, attempting his best to fix them. "I look gross."

Like a mother, the football player swatted Dan's hands away from his hair. "Shut up asshole, I'll scrap you."

Dan stuck out his tongue, then leaned back in his chair crossing his arms over his chest. "I swear, if a nasty Rydell football jock try's to talk to me, I'll cap you."

Flicking on his blinker, PJ grinned to himself. "They are right, what they say about you."

Dan looked up from picking at his nail. "What? Who's they? Why're they talking about me?" His voice sank like the Titanic. "What do they say?"

Peej chuckled, turning the wheel of his truck. "Everyone says you're feisty."

Dan waved his hand dismissively then leaned forward, turning on some music as the comfortable silence lingered. Elton John's tiny dancer was one of their favourite songs. It was how they bonded basically.

When PJ and Dan were little, their parents forced them to get along which made them loathe each other to such extent, one day Dan had his small palms shoving into the back of Peej's head forcing his nemesis's mouth into the dirt of his backyard.

"Take! It! Back!" Dan screamed, putting pressure on his emerald-eyed buddy's head with each word that left his mouth. Dan's tiny frame sitting on Peej's back, pressing PJ's tummy into the dry soil beneath them.

"No! It is tru—"

Dan shrieked, the sound was so high-pitched that it alerted their parents to come running. "I said take it ba—!"

In one swift motion, Dan's dad swooped his son off of the boy underneath him, whirling him around. "What the heck is going on here?!" He called, more out of concern then venom.

PJ's mother picked her own son up off of the floor, brushing the blades of grass that managed to cling to him. Her ginger almost red hair falling to her shoulders worry contouring her facial expressions.

Dan stood still, his eyes almost tearing up over the situation; his father was a subtle man, and rarely did he yell.

PJ spit on the floor, letting the particles of dirt fall passed his lips onto the ground.

"H-He cal-called me girly."

"It's because he is!!" PJ exclaimed making his mother swat him on the bum.

Dan's father shook his head. "That gives you no right to attack him, Daniel."

"But—"

"No, no buts." He knelt down to Dan's level, glancing at PJ. "You can't let words get to you like that, because there are going to be many many other mean things boys and gals are gonna say to you, and you can not hurt them."