ℰї❡ℌ†€ḙℵ

"Dan..."

Dan kept his eyes glued to his painting in front of him, the detail brush dangling between his swift fingers held the colour of a dark violet in its bristles. He was unable to wipe the bubbly grin from his face.

"Danny, baby," Beck urged with an enticing accent that could make anyone swoon.

Dan shook his head, pursing his smile. "Shhh!" he giggled, his dimples forming 17 feet deep into his freckled cheeks. He pressed his paint brush back into the canvas, silently ignoring Beck.

Beck then slumped over picking up his wide brush and dunked it into the artificial tinted green paint. "But kitten, it's important—"

Mister Auburn stood up from his seat, his cheeks turning scarlet as his own stool scratched against the tiled floor. He slammed his brush down on his easel and brought his thumb and forth fingers to his head massaging it. "Mister Howell and Mister Summers—do you not understand the meaning of silent work time?" His irascibility was unknown to the classroom which made everyone straighten their backs in sudden confusion.

Beck jumped up from his seat, making everyone in the room scowl in annoyance. "Sorry, Professor but I really have something important to announce—"

"Beck," Dan instantly tugged on the bottom of Beck's jacket, eyes widening begging him to sit down again. "What're you doing?" he whispered frantically under his breath.

Beck then got up on to his stool very slowly as it wobbled back and forward. "I have the most  important question to ask my dear Daniel—"

Every person in the classroom snapped their gaze to Dan which in reply he covered his face. His face turned cherry-like as all the attention focused on him.

Beck teetered onto his thin stool, putting his arms out in order to maintain his balance but unsurprisingly he tilted a little too far to the left.

Dan then lunged towards the seat and held onto it keeping it from being unsteady. His face still vibrant from embarrassment.

"What the hell are you on about, Beck?" Auburn digressed.

Beck cackled, finally standing up perfectly straight with Dan's help. "Thank you, Danny! I have something to say!"

Auburn looked up from now rubbing his eyes very disappointingly. His lips were tight as jealousy seemed to tick him. "We know, Mister Summers—please whatever you are doing, hurry up."

"Danny?" Beck asked, holding out his hand gesturing to the cheerleader as if no one knew who he was. "There's this party," he trailed off, his eyes held two giant pools of hopeful aluminum and mercury.

Dan gripped onto the wood, keeping his head steered away from everybody else's looks. "Oh my god—"

"Will you accompany me at James Charles party next weekend!?"

With a strong sour expression, their professor narrowed his eyes moving them to Dan awaiting the answer.

Dan looked down at the dried paint splotches that splashed onto Beck's seat once. A laugh almost racked its way up Dan's throat but he managed to swallow it. He then shot his gaze up to look Beck in the eyes, and shrug. "Sure, I-I guess?"

Beck then hurled himself off the stool and down on the floor safely roaring in triumph. He clenched hands above his head then pumped his fist in the air like he won a trophy.

Though a trophy wasn't far from Dan in his perspective.