℉유ƒ†ℏ†∊ℯη

"Then, we talked all night!" Dan exclaimed throwing up his arms leaning back into his chair; smiling like a schoolgirl.

"Interesting," PJ cracked a smile, looking over at his little Dan.

Dan glimpsed back at Peej unable to contain his giggles. "I mean, never has a guy talked to me like he does."

PJ's forehead creased, a concerning frown guarded his lips from smiling. "What do you mean, bub?"

Dan threw open his hands, shifting his eyesight all around PJ's room. They fell across the gray wood dresser that held every article of clothing he owned, then he glided across the bedsheets beneath his bottom. Dan's mouth seemed hesitant to respond to that question and an all of a sudden change in his demeanor sparked a sudden chill down PJ's spine.

"Dan, what do you mean?"

Dan gave a half sided shrug, blinking at his favorite buddy then flew his gaze down to his lap. "Beck doesn't," He smiled softly at himself, feeling a sudden comfort wash over him as he twisted his father's chain necklace that hung around his neck with his thumb and index finger. He only allowed himself to wear it every so often; losing something of his father's would be equivalent to a hell breakaway. "Beck doesn't make me feel forced," Dan looked up at PJ grinning, though an underlying layer a sadness sat underneath PJ's smile.

You could see the concern in Peej's eyes though there was nothing you could do to change it. Though, Dan didn't mean any harm by his words, it was just how he felt in that moment.

Dan likes to forget, PJ has to remember for that reason.

"I feel like I have potential when I talked to him," Dan giggled. "Like I'm not a piece of ass to him—or he's just really good at hiding it." He made himself laugh, though Peej not so much.

PJ shrugged. "I trust him, he seems like a really good guy and he'll treat you right."

A soft bubblegum dust sprinkled onto his cheeks; he smiled his crush totally taking over his brain.

"So," Peej started standing up from his bed looking over at Dan, subtly ignoring the dark crimson spreading across Dan's cheeks. "You still thinking about that Rydell guy?"

Dan tilted his head back laughing loudly. "Lester?" he chuckled. "Are you kidding? No way!"

PJ gave a tight lipped smile. "Good."

- a.n. tight lipped smile... and i am late annnd this is ass srrry please still love me