Ṧ유✗†€€ℵ

The pigment of the truck was as inky as night. It has been approximately three hours after students were released from their imprisonment leaving the parking lot completely empty.

PJ sat in his moveless black vehicle, hands gripping onto the steering wheel. He was unable to sit still, his clammy palms ran up and down the thighs of his jeans.

The sky shone a turquoise color as the sun began to lower beneath the world. White wispy clouds pressed into blue crevices of the vault of heaven looking as if they were painted by Bob Ross.

PJ tried to disguise himself from his own thoughts. "I'm doing this for Dan's safety, and only Dan's safety," is what he would repeat in his mind, though that was only half of the truth.

Approaching his truck was a thin but muscular looking figure. With one hand the boy brought his fingertips to the flip of his dirty blonde hair running them through it and in the other a familiar looking box.

Peej let a sigh pass his lungs as he leaned over to the right of him pressing the button to unlock his car's doors. A single small click throughout the car made him take in another breath then in one swift manner, the passenger side door swung open and then slammed shut.

"So," The passenger said without letting a second slip by. "Did the doll fall for it?"

PJ snapped his gaze towards him sneering his gaze. "Dan's not a piece of porcelain, don't mention him as such, Felix."

Felix gave a throaty laugh, nodding in agreement. He put up his hands almost as if he was defending himself. "Alright, Daddy Peej no need to get your panties in a bunch," he lowered his fingers to both sides of his jacket tugging at it to adjust it. "Just wondering if our—arrangement is going smoothly."

PJ flicked his hand, moving his look outside his window as his mouth drooped into a frown like lighter fluid dripping off of burning cement. "He thinks Beck likes him, Felix," he looked down at his palms. "Beck's lying to his face and for what?"

Felix grinned evilly from ear to ear then opened the truck's door to lean down and pick up a twelve-pack of Coors' Beer. He swiped it up from the street and plopped it down on the middle console. "This," was all he said.

PJ's eyes looked over every inch of the heavenly cardboard box. He could almost taste the lip puckering liquid that swam across every one of his tastebuds, rewiring his brain to yearn for more of the life-robbing drink. Peej gulped at the sight, wanting nothing more than his drug.

Then in one swift motion, Felix pulled the box of beer towards himself, lifting up an eyebrow  wagging his finger in PJ's face. "I need proof."

Peej worked his phone out of his back jean pocket then tapped on the screen a few more times before handing his device over to Felix.

What showed up on the screen was a simple picture of Beck holding Dan's hand as they walked down the school's hallway together.

Felix smiled, letting go of the beer handle giving PJ access to the box. Like putting gasoline on a wildfire, PJ gripped onto the sharpe cut out of a handle and brought his arm backward to place the box on the back seat.

"Just 6 more weeks till homecoming and I'll win my bet and you can stop feeling guilty," Felix snickered sending the photo of Dan and Beck to his own cell. He watched PJ sit back up straighter as he handed the phone back to him.

PJ looked at Felix; disappointment in himself glazing over his irises.

Felix rolled his eyes, heartlessness written in them as he shook his head. "How much are you paying the player?"

"Beck?"

Felix breathed heavily. "No, your mother—of course Beck!"

PJ looked back forward, pursing his lips. "£50 a week."

Felix let an enigmatic smile grow on his face, he tucked in his chin placing his hands into his tight-jeaned thighs. "50, aye?" He looked over the center console licking his lips. "Dan's worth £300 to you?"

"Dan's worth a million to me, but sadly I dont got that kind of money."

Felix has placed his hand on the door handle nodding his head. "You really love that kid, don't you?"

PJ brought his hand to his mouth, taking in a deep breath seemingly like he forgotten to in a while. "More than life itself," he then lazily pointed in his dealer's direction. "Which is why I don't want him dating the guys that attend your scum of a school."

Felix tugged on his ear chuckling. "I wouldn't blame you Peej—which is why this whole ordeal works out so perfectly."

"Except, I'm paying a nice guy to pretend to love Dan—"

Felix clasped a hand on PJ's shoulder then shrugged tilting his head from side to side. "Maybe, but Beck might end up liking Dan by the end of these six weeks and then this thing would have turned out for the better instead of worse!"

Peej purses his lips. "You're right."

"See, you scratch my back I scratch yours, it's a win win!" Felix opened his car door stepping out. He kept one hand on the door, then moved his shoulders in an indecisive shrug. "Either way, you get your beer," then without giving PJ a chance to respond he shoved the door shut and walked away slowly to his car without a single care in the world.