Chapter fifty (part 1 of 2)

Chapter fifty

With the sun shining through the crack of the curtains; I should've been delighted to wake up to such a beautiful morning, but I wasn't.

The most dreadful day of my life had finally arrived. Today was the day that would otherwise, make me or break me.

Lisa was sprawled out beside me still fast asleep. I looked at her and thought how lucky and happy she was and I suddenly felt jealous of her. 'Oh what I would give to be in her shoes right now', I thought to myself.

Knowing what today holds for me, made me want to stay in bed all the more but I didn't have a chance in hell of staying here with Lisa about.

Leaving out a heavy sigh, I slipped out from underneath the covers and made my way to the enjoining ensuite. Looking in the mirror, I was pleased to see that the big black bags under my eyes were gone. I guess the sleeping tablets I had taken the night before last, had really done the trick.

"Morning sweetie," Lisa greeted sleepily. I walked over and sat beside her on the bed. "I know you really don't want to go today but I promise you that I won't leave your side for one second ok." I gave Lisa a small smile as I hugged and thanked her for caring so much.

"Ok, just shove anything on for now as Thomas has booked us enjoining rooms at the hotel where the reception is being held. He thought that you could escape if things got too much for you to handle." My shattered heart, suddenly found its beat, at the thought of Thomas going to all that trouble for me.

"Thank Thomas for me Lisa. Seriously you really have a one of a kind there." I told her truthfully, Lisa blushed.

"I know, I love him so much Alicia; more than I thought I was capable of and I guess as much as you don't want to hear this right now, it was because of this wedding and Timmy and you that had finally made me realise just how much I love him." She gave me a sad pitiful smile which would've normally had me in tears but I had made a promise to myself last night that I was not going to cry today.

Timmy's Pov

"Thomas please promise me you will look after Alicia today." I could hear Thomas sighing through the phone. "You know I will Timmy..... You know I will." We both fell silent with not knowing what else to say to each other because as much as I didn't want to marry Sarah Thomas didn't want me to either. Leaving out a heavy sigh I decided to break the silence.

"Thomas have we missed anything, anything at all?" I asked well almost pleaded for him to come up with something.

"Sorry Timmy. Lisa and I spent most of the night wracking our brains but we have done everything we possibly can. "a sob escaped my mouth and I knew Thomas had heard me but I just hoped he wouldn't say anything because I was struggling to hold myself together and any pitiful words from him right now I wouldn't be able to keep my tears at bay.

After I hung up, my dad stepped into my room. "Come on son it's time to go to the hotel." The way his voice cracked almost had me crumbling on the spot. Not wanting to fall apart I nodded my head and quickly ran past him and out to the car.

The car drive was silent as me and my dad stared at nothing in particular. However, I knew that we were both thinking of the same thing. Once we neared the hotel my heart sped up, I could literally feel the sweat starting to drip off me. It wasn't from the nerves either; it was knowing what I had to do.

A single tear escaped as I thought of poor Alicia. I hated what I was doing to her. I loved her so damn much that I knew that after today I will never be the same person. I was broken and although I had business's to run I didn't even care about them anymore. I decided last night that I'm going to employ people in as I don't want nothing, if I can't have Alicia.

Alicia's Pov

Lisa and I were now dressed and were just having one last stiff drink before we made our way down to the lobby. Thomas had already left as he was Timmy's best man. Before he left he promised me that Timmy was ok and he will call me later. How much later? When he's married? I thought angrily but as always Lisa calmed me down and reassured me that everything was going to be ok. I just hoped and prayed she was right because I really didn't want to think of what is will happen if it doesn't.

"You ready hunny? Come on let's get down there so we don't have to sit at the front." Oh my God, I hadn't even thought about that, shit. "Come on" I shouted whilst grabbing a hold of her hand. I could no way be seated at the front! It was bad enough attending this bloody wedding, let alone having a front row viewing.

"Ok woman slow down I have heels on you know!" Lisa squealed as she pulled her hand free from mine.

As we walked down the stairs; Lisa quickly excused herself, so she could use the ladies room quickly before we walked out to where the ceremony was to be held. Leaning against the wall I waited for Lisa to finish. My heart was up in my mouth, I felt so sick I thought I was going to actually puke. Seriously, I had never felt so many emotions at one time. My hands were shaking non-stop and my knees felt weak. Overall I was a complete and utter wreck both mentally and physically.

Just when I was about to go and find Lisa, Sarah cut me off. Lisa stood right up in my face wearing the biggest sickly smile ever. I felt like punching her right in her face but I stopped myself.

"Hello Alicia; I'm so happy that you made It." she said acting overly nice but then I noticed why. People from her wedding party were walking past. The men and ladies passing greeted Sarah and me. I plastered the best fake smile I could whilst hoping they would just get the hell out of here. I went to move but Sarah roughly grabbed a hold of my wrist. "Don't you dare move!" I laughed at her thinking she could order me around but just as I was about to slap her hand away I was surrounded by her little groupies. Internally I was freaking out but on the outside I kept my eyes locked on Lisa.