45

Y/n's Flashback (10 years old)

I lied motionless as my dad got off of me. He zipped his pants up before speaking. "Get cleaned up and start lunch. Keep that beat away from me and quiet too." He told me. He left and I angrily threw my pillow. Ever since my mom died from him things have gotten worse. The only time I get a break from him is when he goes to work or to the stores. Nobody knows about my mom. I don't know why tho. I think he made up some lie about her going to New York to take care of her mom. She does get sick a lot so it would be believable for a while.

I quickly got cleaned up and went to cook. Malcom was already waiting quietly for me. "Hey Y/nn." He mumbled with his thumb in his mouth. "Hey bud. How you doing?" I asked and took his thumb out of his mouth. If dad saw he'd throw a fit. "Good. Can we go to the park today? I don't like it here." He asked. "Maybe. I'll have to see if dads in a good mood." I said. He nodded sadly. "Ok." When I finished cooking I took dad his plate first.

"About damn time." He snatched the plate and shooed me away. My brother and I ate quietly. "I'm done." Malcom said. "Come on. Well put our stuff away and see if we can go." I told him. Malcom got up and turned. Running into dad. "What did I say about keeping this bear out of my way?" Dad asked. "We were just going to clean our dishes." I told him. "You clean the dishes while I handle him." He said.

I dropped my as he dragged my screaming brother away. I grabbed my dads arm and tried to free my brother. "No dad! He didn't mean to run into you!" I said. "Get off of me you bitch!" H yelled and pushed me away. But I jumped right back up. I couldn't save my mom but I could save Malcom. Even if it meant dying. "I said get off!" I punched me in the face. Instantly knocking me out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I woke up a loud clatter of metal made me flinch. "Get up." I heard. When my eyes finally focused I saw a shovel at my feet. The same one I buried my mom with. I looked up at my dad who was glaring at me. "Go take care of your brother." He said before going to his room. "No..." I whispered as and ran out to the back.

The sight in front of me made me collapse to the ground. This is like burying my mom again but worse. I picked up my brother and looked at his beaten up face. He's eyes still open. "Your ok now bud. He can't hurt you anymore." I whispered. "Now you can be with mommy again. And don't worry... I'll take care of dad." I said angrily and gritted my teeth. Then I closed he's eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood over my dads sleeping body. Knife in hand. "Y/n?" He asked as he slightly woke up. "What the hell are you..." He trailed off as he realized he was tied down. It was easy to do so since he was knocked out cold from drinking so much. "Don't worry. It'll all be over soon." I shoved a sock in his mouth before smirking at him.

~Paradise