sixteen.

"Are you going to keep avoiding me?" Parker looked up from her textbook to see Brooke standing in front of her. She sighed as she looked back at the book, but Brooke wasn't going away. She took a seat across from Parker, allowing her backpack to fall to the ground with a thud.

"Seriously?" Parker asked.

"Don't seriously me," Brooke said, "You've been avoiding me!"

"Shhh," the librarian said harshly looking at the two girls. Parker felt her cheeks flushed with embarrassment and knew that the best way to deal with Brooke was to talk to her.

"I've just needed space," Parker told her, but the answer doesn't settle well with Brooke.

"You've had your space," Brooke said, "Now we're going to talk."

Parker rolled her eyes, "Alright. Why did you kiss me?"

"Why did you kiss me back?" Brooke asked, tilting her head expectantly.

"I'm not doing this," Parker told her, and Brooke sighed, her finger drumming nervously against the table.

"I don't know, I was sad, and I just wanted, I needed something, and you were there. I'm sorry if I ruined things with you and Jake or if your mom is mad at you-"

"You didn't ruin anything," Parker interrupted.

"You and Jake are fine?" Brooke asked and Parker nodded her head.

"I told him about it and we're fine," Parker told Brooke and the girl across from her smiled, her left dimple on full display.

"So does this mean we're okay?" Brooke asked. If Parker was being honest with herself, she needed more space away from Brooke. Her feelings were still a little confused, but Parker didn't want to stay away from Brooke any longer. She and Jake were fine, there seemed no reason to do so.

"We're okay," Parker confirmed.

Brooke's smile seemed to grow wider, "Great! And I promise not to kiss you again unless you ask me to."

Parker's cheeks flushed with embarrassment, but she played it off by rolling her eyes and shaking her head at Brooke.

"So, are you coming to the classic this weekend?" Brooke asked before Parker gets a chance to answer the question, Brooke speaks again, "Of course you are! Who else will be there to take pictures of me when I finally win my long-awaited trophy?"

"Kind of full of yourself aren't you, Brooke?" Parker asked with a grin.

"Yes. Claire Young is going down this year," Brooke asserted.

"So is my GPA if you keep distracting me from studying," Parker said as she looked up at Brooke.

"Fine," Brooke said standing from her seat, "I'll see you later new bestie."

Parker laughed as she watched Brooke walk out of the library. She opened her textbook, trying to find the page that she was previously on when Haley came and took the chair that had been formerly occupied by Brooke.

"Please tell me you're going to the classic."

Parker smiles, "Of course I am. Who else knows how to operate a camera in Tree Hill?"

"Good point," Haley says, "Anyway I need you to be my roommate."

"Sure," Parker answers, "Just, no Nathan."

"Then no Jake," Haley tells her.

"That's fine," Parker says, closing her textbook again, "We're kinda in this weird place. He said he has some family drama, but he won't tell me what it is. I'm kinda worried."