nineteen.

"Jenny, can you say Parker?"

Jenny tilted her head as she looked at Parker, babbling incoherent phrases. Parker tugged the girl into her lap as she smiled at her.

"That's cool and all, but can you say, Parker?"

"That's a little complex? Don't you think?" Jake's mom said as she came into the living room. Parker grinned as she looked up at her.

"Hi Mrs. Jagielski," Parker said as she placed Jenny down on the couch, allowing her to crawl freely.

"I've told you several times that you can call me Nancy," she said, scolding her playfully.

"Sorry," Parker says, with a laugh.

"Anyway, how long have you been here?" Nancy asked as she scooped Jenny up and sat her down.

"An hour," Parker answered, "Jake just went upstairs to take a shower. They had morning practice."

"I see," Nancy says, she looks at Parker, "How have you been with the Nicki situation?"

"I've been fine, but I worry about Jake," Parker answers truthfully and Nancy nods, placing a kiss on her granddaughter's forehead.

"Jake's really lucky he found you," Nancy tells her, "I don't think many girls would be as understanding as you."

"Yeah well, he's worth it," Parker said with a small smile. Jenny held her hands out toward Parker, making a grabby motion. Parker laughed as she took Jenny from Nancy.

"Pa," Jenny said grabbing a strand of Parker's hair causing Nancy to laugh.

"Close enough," Parker said, as she placed a kiss on Jenny's cheek.

___

"Never thought I'd say this, but a party is really what I could use right now," Parker told Haley as they walked toward the courtyard.

"Not a party," Haley clarified, but rather a small gathering.

"Hi, friends!" Brooke exclaimed as she walked toward the both of them. She had been in a much better in the days since Parker went over her house. They'd never talked about what happened, but Parker didn't think it was important.

"Brooke," Haley greeted.

"When's the party?" Brooke asked, her eyes dancing between the two of them.

"Saturday-"

"But we're trying to keep it lowkey," Haley interrupted.

Brooke laughed, "Don't worry, I'm not gonna tip off the paparazzi."

"I'm not worried," Haley tells her, "We're just tryna keep it small."

Brooke nods her head, "Peyton told you not to invite me."

"That's not exactly what happened," Haley answers.

Brooke looks at Parker, but she remains silent. It isn't her party and she can't invite Brooke, even if she wishes that she could be there.

"Fine you guys have fun with your naked twister-"

"Brooke, it's just a couple of friends," Haley says.

"I'm just not one of them," Brooke says before walking off. Parker can't help but turn on her heels as she watches her disappear down the path.

"That sucked," Haley stated.

Parker sighed, "Yeah. Jerk move Haley."

"What?" Haley says surprised, "What was I supposed to do? Invite them both and watch them argue all night?"